Fully Remote Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Pip Decks is in search of a hyper-organised, detail-oriented Writer/Editor to help us produce more written materials to support our customers, and to ensure we maintain the high standard of quality people expect from us.
In a typical week you’ll be writing fun, educational video scripts, punchy prompts for digital whiteboards, effective alt text for our image library and SEO-led blogs on everything from team dynamics and imposter syndrome through to innovation and breakthrough moves by big brands. You will also, of course, be proof-reading our all-important Tactics decks.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with AI, using it to streamline your work, generate ideas and do some of the ‘heavy lifting’ involved in working as part of a busy publishing team. Just like everyone else at Pip Decks, you’ll be able to put forward new ideas and bring them to life, too. If you love variety and a good challenge, you’ll thrive here.
At Pip Decks, the power of the written word is never under-estimated. Your curiosity, ability to learn and interpret, and meticulous attention to detail will play a pivotal role in ensuring the wisdom our decks impart reaches everyone who could benefit from it. With over 100,000 customers (and many more fans), your words will have a huge impact.
This role will suit an established writer who has experience creating content that explains concepts. You’ll need to interpret the problems our decks are designed to solve and explain them in writing in a variety of different formats. Experience in proofreading is an absolute requirement, as you’ll play a vital role in ensuring the quality of our decks before they go to print.
And if you’re fluent in French or German? Well, that would be a bonus!
If this role and the culture described below resonates with your career goals, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary: (depending on experience) £34,000 - £40,000 p/a
Contract type: Full-Time Employment (UK) or Contract (Rest of World)
Location: Fully remote. Preferred timezone GMT/CET
- Trust: We trust you to manage your time and deadlines efficiently.
- Autonomy: We offer tools, freedom, and education to empower you to take full charge of your projects and grow in your role.
- Outcome-driven: Quality and impact are our focus, not just the hours you clock.
- Proactivity: Take full ownership of your goals and tasks.
- Short toes: Proactively identify areas of improvement, with no worry about overstepping.
These responsibilities are often shared among other members of the team, so you could be writing, editing or proofing any of the below.
- Writing video scripts for short (3-min) videos to explain each Tactic in our decks.
- Creating digital whiteboards (e.g., Miro, Figma) rich with examples and clear instructions for each Tactic.
- Producing accessibility-focused alt text for the images on our website and app.
- Writing and editing our Guides that explain how to use multiple tactics in sequence, complete with creative examples to bring them to life.
- Writing SEO blogs that answer the most common questions people have about the areas our decks focus on.
- Sub-editing and proofing new decks and expansion packs in InDesign.
- Using the knowledge of the decks you acquire to inform our marketing team of new angles and insights to highlight in ads and other materials.
- Writing up Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Notion wiki pages to document our processes.
- Proofing all of the above when the materials have been written by others on the team.
- Ensuring consistency in our brand voice, style and messaging and keeping our style guide up to date.
- Applying new tech (such as AI) to streamline working practices and increase our capacity to produce materials that support our customers.
- Analysing and summarising customer research to ensure everyone at Pip Decks understands our audience and their challenges.
- Briefing the marketing team when new landing pages etc are required for upcoming decks
- Proofing/reviewing content across platforms including the app
- Slack: For team communication.
- G Suite: For team and external communication.
- Loom videos: To convey training and demonstrations.
- Notion: To document ideas and processes.
- Miro and/or other digital whiteboards: Experience not required.
- Adobe Acrobat: for marking up PDFs. Experience desirable but not required.
- GPT4: To support various processes across the team.
- InDesign: for lay-out of our printed materials. Experience desirable but not required.
- Five years’ proven experience as a writer, editor and proofreader.
- Keen eye for detail and dedication to ensuring top-quality materials.
- Able to quickly grasp a concept and apply it to new situations.
- Understanding of how to explain concepts in writing.
- Strong understanding of accessibility and inclusivity in writing.
- Adaptable to new tools and technologies.
- A curious mindset, always eager to learn and adapt.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interpret feedback.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Creative mindset with the ability to suggest improvements and new ideas.
- A first look at and opportunity to shape the content of every new deck that we produce.
- A fully remote work environment with a focus on asynchronous collaboration.
- Competitive compensation in line with industry standards.
- A supportive environment, where you are given the tools, freedom, and education to enhance your skills and professional growth.
- A team that values personal growth, collaboration, and a shared vision.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please apply, with a cover letter, ensuring to add the word "Raspberry" in the cover letter.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.