Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTEWho we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code AI platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code AI yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with EST for at least 30 hours/week.Why this job is exciting
As an Implementation Engineer (IE), you will have more responsibility and growth potential in helping us shape and build a new team than at any other comparable company. As an IE, you’ll be tasked with reducing the time to value for customers by providing white glove service to deploy and configure Sourcegraph primarily via Kubernetes and Docker Compose within customer environments. You’ll be working front and center directly with customers, in collaboration with internal teams, to lead customer engagements for deployment of Sourcegraph into customer self-hosted environments. Our customers include gigantic enterprises and fast-moving startups; all are dedicated to technical excellence and improved developer experience.
Within one month, you will…
- Start building a trusting relationship with your peers on the Customer Engineering, Support, and Delivery teams.
- Learn about our product, our value proposition, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Learn about our deployment methodologies, options, best practices, and limitations.
- Join customer and prospect calls with some of our largest (fortune 500) customers to understand their technical challenges and needs.
Within three months, you will…
- Work directly with Sales and Customer Engineering to lead our customers to technical success: troubleshooting, debugging, tuning and configuring Sourcegraph deployments.
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various deployment architectures with customers in their own environments.
- Educate and enable technical admins within our customers to successfully configure and subsequently maintain their environments through best practices.
- Help optimize internal customer success metrics by partnering with technical admins and users.
Within six months, you will…
- Collaborate closely with Product on what you observe and learn from customers to drive product improvements in the future.
- Work closely with Sales and CE to improve the overall customer experience.
- Iterate on existing processes, templates, and tools to better service our customers.
You are an enthusiastic, driven, and results-oriented technologist who shares our values and has a passion for leading customers to technical success.
- You have an organized approach to work, with demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple customer deployments concurrently.
- You can identify issues and opportunities as well as identify solutions to solve both internal and external problems or gaps.
- In using your skills to provide solutions for customers, you’re able to identify shortcomings and opportunities to share this experience internally with the product team
- Experience managing customer deployments on their behalf: maintenance, upgrades, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Experience interacting with internal product teams, informing feature prioritization based on customer needs.
- Strong experience with microservices architecture and container orchestration technologies including Docker, Docker Compose,, Kubernetes, Helm, Kustomize, and cloud-native managed Kubernetes services such as EKS, GKE, and AKS.
- Experience providing hands-on deployment guidance and best practices to customers
- Scripting experience (such as in Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Python/Go/Perl/Terraform) either for addressing ad hoc requirements or for automation needs.
- AWS Cloud Architect and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certifications are highly desired.
- Working experience with a range of customer environments and complexities: from the enterprise running a self-hosted OpenShift cluster in a data center with very tight security constraints to the startup running a modern cloud-native architecture.
- Previous experience in technical implementation or solutions architecture are a plus.
- Ability to communicate and explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
📊 This job is an IC4. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.Compensation
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $176,590 USD base
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.Interview process
Intro Conversation Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30 min] Recruiter Screen with Grace Bohl
- [30 min] Hiring Manager Screen with Nikki Golding
- [30 min] Resume Deep Dive with Nikki Golding
Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [60 min] Peer Collaboration - with a Customer Engineer and Delivery Engineer
- [60 min] Team interview and Technical Assignment
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you will gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [45 min] Values Interview
- [30 min] Co-founder Interview
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.