(All applications will be considered ONLY through Wellfound. Please do not contact any employee of the company as no such contact/connection will be considered as an application for the job.)
This posting is for a Backend Software Engineer. We are a fully remote team and it does not matter which country or time zone you are in, as long as you are available from 10 AM to 1 PM EST. We are not looking for part-time contractors, so please only apply if you're looking for a full-time position.
Quinncia is a career readiness platform that improves college student outcomes by improving students' resumes and interview skills using our AI. Quinncia allows career service to scale their offerings allowing each student to get personalized feedback on their resume and interviewing skills. With over 60% unemployment or underemployment rate recently graduated students, our goal is to integrate career readiness into the academic curriculum and make sure every student has a job within 90 days of graduation.
We're focused on enhancing our product for our clients and their users, as well as streamlining operations and improving our technical foundation. You will work on improving existing features and working on streamlining client implementations through improved tools Improving our technical architecture and building out a continuous integration pipeline
- 3+ years of backend development experience
- Experience with a programming language: NodeJS/Python/Golang/Ruby
- Understanding of database fundamentals
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Experience working with algorithms
- Experience using the following tools/packages: Git, Docker, NPM, eslint
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Functional programming experience with libraries such as lodash/fp, ramda, remeda (in the case of JS)
- Experience working with Google Cloud, such as Google Functions, Cloud Run, Buckets, etc
- Strong ability to break down a problem into fundamentals and resolve it in an elegant way
- Experience with WebRTC, gRPC
- NodeJS (pure JS)/Koa
Whatever else you decide - we're constantly re-evaluating our stack and tools. Having prior experience with the technologies is a plus, but not mandatory for skilled candidates.
PS: Please add your Github account link to your application, as it will make the evaluation process easier and more robust.