Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Our organization is closely involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this role will enable you to focus on its development. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens. Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions - paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
In order to promote the ideas behind Logos and its vision, we have created a brand studio called acid.info and you will be part of it. Acid.info is the studio and creative engine within the Logos DAO. Our mission is to build, and ensure, technologies and creativity that supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all people of the world.
As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for the development and technical maintenance of various web-based projects in the studio. Your role will involve decision-making for code architecture, writing tests, choosing the right technology stack, and any other related tasks. You will work closely with the development team, studio lead, and design team to bring our web projects to life. You will take care of all technical aspects of all web projects (from development and testing to deployment and maintenance)
- You will be developing and implementing internal tools, including our wiki engine framework, branding design portal our design systems implementation in React
- You will co-write documentation for all the above mentioned products/projects
- You will be responsible for maintaining our open-sourced codebases on Github
- You will be improving the architect and implementation our current site-generator framework (built on top NextJS) and develop it further
You ideally will have
- Experience in ReactJS and NodeJs (all in Typescript)
- Good understanding of software architecture
- Experience in implementation of frontend libraries and design systems
- Experience working with Git, Docker and NextJS framework as well as Vercel and/or Netlify
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- You are comfortable in working remotely and asynchronously
- You have experience working for an open source organisation
- You have exposure to creative coding (processing, open frameworks, WebGL, writing shaders, p5js)
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $40,000 - $60,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
- Interview with POps team
- Interview with Web Developer and Design Studio Lead
- Assessment (paid)
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline!]
Get to know us
Find out about the Logos here: https://logos.co
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.