Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
As a Technical Content Writer, you're responsible for producing high-quality content about online platforms, tools, WordPress plugins, and APIs. You write detailed, error-free instructions that our customers can rely on to help them reach their goals.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :)
- You can research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms.
- You’re experienced in managing and troubleshooting websites without assistance, and you enjoy sharing your knowledge to help others.
- You can produce web-based documentation or tutorials with minimal direction.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative to solve problems and learn new skills.
- You take pride in the quality of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your work and the impact it has on others.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
- Writing technical tutorials that are easy to read and error-free while following a detailed style guide.
- Diving into WordPress plugins and hosting platforms, then documenting them with minimal direction.
- Self-editing and proofreading to make sure your content is easy for a beginner to follow.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to update and improve existing content.
- Working with developers and our support team to complete your own tasks.
- Making requested edits to your work without expressing frustration or irritation with the editorial process.
- Managing your own schedule in Asana and keeping ahead with minimal oversight
- Advanced WordPress.org Experience: You’re comfortable setting up a WordPress site from scratch, configuring DNS records, and troubleshooting web hosting errors without assistance.
- Technical Writing: You write technical content in plain English with a friendly, conversational tone. You can explain the solution to the reader's problem logically and simply without using jargon. You enjoy working independently and doing your own research.
- Web Content Writing: You have experience to produce documentation for websites and understand how to optimize your content for readers and search engines. You are aware of best practices around website content layout, formatting, and readability.
- Self-Editing: You can edit and proofread your work to a high standard. You can eliminate grammar and spelling errors yourself instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- Basic HTML: You're comfortable working in the WordPress text editor and block editor to add links and format lists, subheadings, anchor links, etc.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- You have previous freelance or remote work experience.
- You have a personal computer with internet access.
- You are available to participate in video meetings between 9 am - 5 pm EST.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment for all full-time team members during their employment.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for a vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Holidays (based on your location)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Additional Perks include AM Welcome Box for new team members, Yearly Anniversary Gifts, and Technology Stipend each work anniversary.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- The number of years you’ve used WordPress, and your level of proficiency.
- 3 specific links to web-based documentation or technical content that you’ve produced. Portfolio examples must be written in English.
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.