Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Hi there 👋
Thanks for wanting to know more about Hack The Box career opportunities.
Join us in redefining the standards of cybersecurity expertise by bringing together community and business. (Find out more insights about Hack The Box culture in our career site).
Hack The Box is a leading gamified cybersecurity upskilling, certification, and talent assessment platform enabling individuals, businesses, government institutions, and universities to sharpen their offensive and defensive security expertise.
Launched in 2017, Hack The Box brings together the largest global cybersecurity community of more than 1.7m platform members and is on a mission to create and connect cyber-ready humans and organizations through highly engaging hacking experiences that cultivate out-of-the-box thinking. Offering a fully guided and exploratory skills development environment, Hack The Box is the ideal solution for cybersecurity professionals and organizations to continuously enhance their cyber-attack readiness by improving their red, blue, and purple team capabilities.
Rapidly growing its international footprint and reach, Hack The Box is headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Greece and the US.
🚨 Exciting News: In Jan 2023 we secured a $55 Million Series B funding 🚀 The new investment will accelerate Hack The Box’s growth trajectory with a focus on further building out its category-defining “gamer-first” solutions offering. Hack The Box will also enhance its go-to-market function, doubling down on the company’s ongoing international expansion with strong commercial traction in the US, Europe, and APAC. Furthermore, the HTB's Greek entity has been certified as a Great Place to Work for 2023 💪
Our product is developing rapidly, which is why we are on the lookout for an experienced System Engineer to ensure a smooth operation of our infrastructure and a great experience for our community of Hack The Box gamers.
As a part of Hack The Box, you will work with a group of talented and passionate people. Reporting to the relevant Team Lead within the department, your role will be, firstly to understand the scope of the team's activities and then gradually undertake ownership of the certain responsibilities. Finally, as a member of Hack The Box team you’ll be able to develop and sharpen your cyber security knowledge and skills, having unlimited access to all public content.
Your day to day will include systems monitoring and responsibility for content delivery. You will work closely with content engineers and you will be involved in the support tasks from an infrastructure perspective. You will also provide support to the main annual CTF events of our organization. You will have the opportunity to work across all platforms and you will be circling around the VMware ecosystem.
- Monitor and maintain installed systems and infrastructure within the team’ scope
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Work closely with content developers to support them from an infrastructure perspective
- Troubleshoot complex problems on critical infrastructure & production networks
- Maintain proper documentation on Git
- Research on new technologies to improve the quality of our system
- Strong experience on VMware ecosystem (mainly vSphere, vCenter)
- Strong experience on Linux OS and Windows Servers
- Previous experience with systems monitoring ( e.g., Zabbix, Grafana)
- Good scripting skills (e.g., Powershell, shell scripts, Python, Go)
- Experience with network troubleshooting
- Experience in relational databases (ideally MySQL) and ability to conduct solid SQL queries
- Good understanding of security compliance principles (legal implications, GDPR)
- Strong written and spoken English
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience on Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with ELK stack
Why work at Hack The Box?
- You’ll have the chance to contribute to a product that is quite appreciated by its users and the overall cybersecurity community
- You'll work in a highly supportive and caring environment while having flexibility and autonomy
- You’ll be able to grow as we grow by solving challenging problems
- You’ll definitely have fun while working at HTB 🥳
We have also other benefits that will keep you happy:
- Private health care
- Paid paternity leave
- 25 annual leave days
- Free lunch & snacks at the office
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development, participation in conferences
- Full access to the Hack The Box lab offerings; so you can learn how to hack 😉
- State-of-the-art equipment (mac, iPhone, and mobile plan)
- Flexible WFH (Hybrid Model) - Fully Remote is also an option
- A conversation with the Talent Acquisition team to know us better and to share more info about HTB and the role
- A bit more of a technical conversation with the hiring team to get a better understanding of your experience and achievements
- A final conversation with the CTO and co-founder of Hack The Box
- Offer 🎉
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.