Location: Remote - Anywhere (Open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.)
As a Systems Engineer at 10up, you are an integral part of supporting websites and solutions utilized by millions of people daily. 10uppers have been pushing the boundaries of WordPress for over 12 years—become a systems engineer that helps support exciting projects alongside a top-in-the-field team.
You’ll work on a combination of unique projects and ongoing support engagements that help season your skills. As a leading digital agency, 10up’s client roster spans from innovative startups and impactful non-profits to some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., Microsoft, and The Nobel Prize Committee.
Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 40 countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
What you will do:
- You will tackle systems problems on client servers, keeping everything running smoothly, including patches, upgrades, and capacity planning.
- Manage hosting and custom cloud solutions based on Linux and Docker.
- Continually improve the security and reliability of client sites with the latest tactics, tools, and policies developed at 10up.
- Provide support across 10up to help engineers solve problems.
- Ultimately you will make the web better by supporting apps, and tools that reach millions of online visitors every day.
- You are comfortable with Linux shell scripting and working primarily at the command line.
- You have experience managing NGINX and Apache webservers, including scaling, security, and performance.
- You have hands-on experience with Docker or container orchestration with Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- You prefer to work fully remote and are effectively engaging in a distributed team from the location of your choosing.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, comfortable working directly with clients
Benefits of interest:
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members)
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs - including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
- A Director of Engineering that supports your career growth and development.
$40,000 - $70,000 a year
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $40,000 and $70,000 USD. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, other job related qualifications/skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Join our team!
If you are passionate about 10up's mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don't check all the boxes, please apply. We'd appreciate the opportunity to personally review your application. Everyone gets a response.
Read more about What to Expect through our Recruiting process.
We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list! #LI-Remote
Apply for this job