Fully Remote Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
The Staff Quality Engineer is a seasoned professional with at least 7 years of experience in software testing, specializing in startups within the tech industry. This individual excels in leading development teams, driving coding excellence, ensuring comprehensive testing, and architecting scalable software solutions
Who We Are
- We are an early-stage startup focused on building automation of Asset Management (ITAM) for B2B clients within the physical, digital, and organizational automation space.
- We are a remote-first, geographically-distributed team open to candidates from around the world.
- We are committed to transparency, openness, and supporting each other to build great things.
- We approach our products with genuine curiosity and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with high-performance, engaged teams.
- We offer great benefits, including a 100% remote work environment, flexible schedules, and ongoing growth opportunities.
- Progressive experience in software testing with a history of technical leadership roles.
- Proven expertise in startup environments within the tech sector.
- Deep understanding of testing paradigms, frameworks, and methods.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Able to explain complex technical concepts to others.
- Must be located in time zones between UTC-8 and UTC+3
- Solid track record of over 7 years demonstrating mastery of scalable testing of production applications.
- Proven experience configuring and utilizing QA/QC management reporting tools, such as Zephyr or XRay.
- Strong expertise in automating test cases using BDD tools, such as Cucumber.
- Good understanding of SQL relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Demonstrated proficiency in testing RPC and REST APIs.
- Understanding of Git and branching models for coaching and collaborating with distributed teams.
- Possesses Quality Assurance certifications, such as CSTE, CSQA, or ISTQB.
- Hands-on experience working with ephemeral cloud environments.
- Familiarity with Identity Providers, Active Directory, and LDAP.
- Enhanced skills with other programming languages for testing, like Python, C++, Rust, Node.js, or Go, are highly valued.
- A comprehensive grasp of network connectivity, traffic encryption, authentication protocols, proxy, firewall, VPN, and SSH tunnels.
- Consistently tests production-ready code that is easily understood by other developers and accounts for edge cases and errors. Understand when it is appropriate to leave comments biased towards self-documenting code.
- Understand your team's testing approach and use quality metrics to identify gaps. Work with your team to recommend solutions that are in accordance with accepted testing frameworks and the testing pyramid.
- Have expertise in your team's domain, including the breadth of services, how they interact, and data flows between systems. Understand adjacent domains as they affect their team.
- Architect testing environments using well-accepted testing patterns. Anticipate future use cases and make design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Proficient at using systematic debugging to diagnose all issues within the scope of their domain.
- Review epics and projects critically and ensure they’re appropriately broken down, prioritized, and well-understood by the team.
- Is able to communicate effectively with a diverse team. Foster a culture of clear, concise, effective, audience-oriented communication on their team, ensuring teammates actively listen to others and are understood. Actively demonstrate these behaviors. Pay attention to nonverbal communication.
- Foster a culture of documentation and knowledge sharing within your team and actively demonstrate these behaviors.
- Consistently help your teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks. Give or share credit where due.
- Mentor your teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner. Seek out mentoring opportunities specifically to create team redundancy and backfill ability. Mentor members of other teams as needed.
- Competitive salary
- Work from anywhere - we are 100% remote
- Unlimited PTO (vacation, time to recharge, US or local holidays)
- Flexible working hours with 4 hours overlapping in US Eastern time
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies while contributing to impactful projects
- Collaborative, innovative, and supportive work culture
- Chance to lead and mentor a team of talented engineers
- Professional growth and development opportunities
We are committed to providing a simplified, transparent, and streamlined hiring experience. You may expect the following stages:
- Technical assessment and code challenge
- Meeting with your future Engineering Manager
- Technical interview with the technical leadership
- Cultural fit interview with the CTO
- Get a job offer, sign contracts, and define your start date.
- Welcome aboard!
We are a fully remote, distributed team. However, we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment.
Upon submitting your application, you consent to receive future communications. The communication will depend on the availability of positions that align with your qualifications. Only eligible candidates will receive correspondence.
Interested in Access Genie but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions: https://accessgenie.workable.com
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.