Who We Are (Mode Mobile)
Mode Mobile is the creator of EarnOS, a transformational software that turns ordinary smartphones into "EarnPhones". This innovation empowers users globally to monetize everyday mobile activities such as streaming, gaming, shopping, etc. We enable users to profit from their data and attention, rather than letting only tech giants benefit. What sets us apart is our inclusive approach - converting users into earners, facilitating over $150M in earnings and savings, while going a step further and turning earners into owners by awarding stock ownership in Mobile Mobile based on their usage. We have attracted over 40 million users across 170 countries.
For additional insights check out the information about our reward-based super app, Mode Earn App, that also powers the reward engine behind our proprietary smartphone, Mode Earn Phone.
Our Team and Culture Drive Our Success
Our team is the heart of our culture. We value innovation, collaboration, and curiosity, with a passion for getting things done. We strive to hire and cultivate the best team member and foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are driven and hard-working but also committed to having fun along the way. We allow OKRs to guide us, assume positive intent, sometimes agree to disagree and commit, honor our commitments, seek to accomplish more with less, and encourage everyone to speak up as our team owns our company’s success.
You can read more about our team and how we work here.
The Staff Accountant will be a vital member of the finance team, responsible for a range of accounting duties that ensure compliance with accounting standards and contribute to the company's overall financial health. In this fully remote role, collaboration, communication, and alignment with the company’s mission, vision, and values are paramount.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
- Prepare and maintain financial records, monthly financial reports, and other accounting documents.
- Assist with the monthly and yearly close processes, ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in preparing budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather financial data and streamline accounting processes.
- Continually refine and improve processes for increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Stay updated with accounting standards, industry trends, and best practices.
- Participate in special financial projects as needed.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- A minimum of 1-2 years of public accounting experience or 3+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Proficient in accounting software and tools (knowledge of QuickBooks, Rippling, Bill.com, Mixpanel is a plus)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently in a remote setting while maintaining strong team collaboration
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, internally and externally
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and client information
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Demonstrated alignment with Mode Mobile’s mission, vision, and values
- Start-up and technology industry experience is preferable but not required
We All Share The Same Core Values
We Believe In The Following Workplace Norms
- Allow OKRs to Guide Us
- Assume Positive Intent
- Agree to Disagree & Commit
- Set New Precedents
- Accomplish More with Less
- Hold Yourself & Others to High Standards
- Speak Up
- Be Resourceful
- Follow the 80/20 Rule
What We Are Offering
- We are a 100% remote-first, global company.
- A competitive compensation package.
- We offer generous perks & benefits to team members.
- Participation in the Company's equity and token plan (for full-time team members).
- We provide individual bonuses in accordance with our Company Bonus Program.
- Work with energetic, passionate, and results-driven people.
- Celebrate team members' personal & work milestones.
- Remote social activities, including virtual coffee buddies.
- Bonus.ly - we use Bonusly as a way to recognize and reward team members for their hard work and commitment.
- Weekly Wednesday Get Stuff Done Days (No Meetings).
- Open PTO and generous Company Holidays (for full-time team members).
- 10 annual Wellness Fridays.
If we just described you and your perfect role, we'd love to talk with you. We have a lot to accomplish this year and look forward to making headway and creating success together!
Mode Mobile does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies/vendors.
Our company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all team members.