Headquarters: London; Palo Alto
We set up in 2018 to make EV charging simpler, greener and cheaper for drivers, to encourage EV adoption and reduce carbon emissions. Core to our platform is a proprietary smart-charging algorithm, dynamically aligning charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%.
We’ve so far secured over 13m USD in funding and achieved the title of ‘Best Energy Startup in the World’ when we won the Free Electrons programme. We’ve brought together a high performing team bringing expertise from their previous roles at National Grid, Bulb, BCG, Meta, Amazon, BBOX and more, and pride ourselves on the inclusive and collaborative culture we’ve created.
We’re looking for more talented and passionate folk to join our mission to make EV charging greener, as we push to have over a million drivers using our product globally.
We're enabling cheaper, greener and simpler electric vehicle charging for everyone. To deliver that vision we partner with utility companies around the world, integrating them into our platform. As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the Utilities team you'll design and build products that entice and reward EV drivers who are customers of our utility partners.
While we’re a remote company, this role will often interact with the Energy Utilities that make up our North America business. As such, we would expect you to be able to cover normal US East-Coast working hours.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience working with React Native and React, and ideally TypeScript
- Experience deploying to iOS and Android with React Native
- Understanding of APIs
- Understanding of Identity Management systems such as oAuth
- Care for the product - you'll either be interested in EVs or excited about having a positive impact on the environment
- Attentiveness to design details
How will we support you?
- A Macbook loaded with all the tools and software you need to work effectively
- Everything you need to work remotely, investing in your home working setup or paying for access to a co-working space
- Funded access to conferences and professional development trainings
- Fully-loaded benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401(k)
- 24 days of paid leave per year, plus US public holidays
- Twice-yearly career review cycles to fast-track promotions and career growth within ev.energy
- Quarterly flights & accommodation for our "team weeks" across the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are transparent about salaries and progression internally. This role pays between 145,000 - 168,000 USD per year depending on your level of experience (we are happy to employ candidates in other regions of North America but will apply a cost of living adjustment).
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/ev-energy-senior-mobile-engineer-utilities