Fully Remote Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
We are looking for Senior Kernel Developers to work on our KernelCare team. The ideal candidate is someone looking for a rewarding and challenging career developing Linux Kernels and patches. This role requires someone with strong C development skills and a passion for all that is Linux. Our Kernel Developers create patches with a cyber security focus while finding solutions for our customers. Please note, this is not an embedded Kernel role.
KernelCare is a product of CloudLinux Inc., the maker of the #1 OS in security and stability for hosting providers. KernelCare, a live kernel patching service provides security patches and bug fixes for a range of popular Linux kernels that can be installed without rebooting the system. Check out our website for more information about our KernelCare Product https://tuxcare.com/live-patching-services/
We are truly a great place to work.
As our Senior Kernel Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Support existing functionality and implementation of several new features
- Update existing kernels including security fixes and CVEs patches
- Develop and support Python and Bash scripts for task automation
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Excellent C programming and debugging skills
- Good level knowledge of Linux kernel core subsystems
- CPU and cache architectures
- Experience with GDB and other debuggers
- CPU performance and power analysis
- Independent and self-motivated problem solver and strategic thinker
- Proficient in Git for development and patch/branch management
- Good planning, time management, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Happy in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Experience with python, shell scripting
- Experience with Jenkins
What's in it for you?
- A focus on professional development;
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Flexible working hours
- Paid one month vacation per year and unlimited sick leave
- Medical insurance reimbursement
- Co-working and gym/sports reimbursement
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.