Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol; the p2p communication layer for Web3.
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 200+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for the development and technical maintenance and architecture of various web-based projects in the studio. Your role will involve execution and writing tests. This is a very collaborative role, where you will work closely with the development team, design team, and studio lead to bring our web projects to life. You will support all technical aspects of every web project (from development and testing to deployment and maintenance)
- You will be developing and implementing internal tools, including our web frameworks, our design systems implementation in React and other projects
- You will co-write documentation for all the above mentioned products/projects
- You will be responsible for maintaining our open-sourced codebases on Github alongside the rest of team
- Communicate with other team members to establish effective workflows
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and defects, and devise solutions to address and mitigate
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Support team members
You ideally will have
- 5+ years experience in Full Stack / Web Development
- Experience in ReactJS and NodeJs (all in Typescript)
- Good understanding of software and database architecture
- Experience in implementation of frontend libraries and design systems
- Experience working with Git, Docker and NextJS framework as well as Vercel and/or Netlify
- MySQL, MongoDB, Database Architecture
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- You are comfortable in working remotely and asynchronously
- Smart contracts and Web3
- You have experience working for an open source organisation
- You have exposure to creative coding (processing, open frameworks, WebGL, writing shaders, p5js)
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $40,000 - $60,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
- Interview with Talent team
- Interview with Pavel, Web Developer
- Interview with Amir, Design Studio Lead
- Chat with Carl, Status Co-Founder
- Assessment (paid)
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline!]
Get to know us
Find out about the Logos here: https://logos.co