Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol; the p2p communication layer for Web3.
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 200+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We are looking for an experienced React developer to join a small, fully asynchronous team, who will take ownership of certain web-related areas at Status. Your role will not only involve translating high-level designs into production-ready UI, but also collaborating with colleagues across the stack to deliver new features.
We function as generalists, often undertaking a variety of challenges, and deeply care about the quality of our work. We look forward to collaborating with experienced individuals who can operate independently, make important decisions, and take ownership.
- Building new features with beautiful and scalable UI components from start to finish
- Building and maintaining the new React implementation of Status’ design system
- Collaborating with other people across the teams
- Gathering feedback from users and developers to better understand their needs
You ideally will have:
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbally and written
- Thoughtful and pragmatic problem-solving
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with 3+ years of experience with React
- Experience writing modern, performant, and accessible React code
- Prior experience creating a component library
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
- Call with Talent
- Technical interview
- Paid task
- Technical interview
- Final interview
The expected compensation range for this role is negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process. We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.