Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
The role of the Security Lead is to develop and to coordinate the implementation of the security strategy for the company, this person will act as the main accountable for overseeing that all the efforts in terms of security are aligned with where the organization is headed. Focussing on the following domains, 1) Security Governance Risk and Compliance, 2) Application Security and last but not least 3) Security Operations.
Expectations over the first 3 months
- Assessing the current security posture: It is important to evaluate the existing security systems, processes, and policies to identify any gaps or vulnerabilities. The Security lead should conduct a comprehensive review of the organization's security framework to get an understanding of the current state of security.
- Building relationships: The Security lead should take the time to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including executive management, IT teams, and other relevant departments. This will help to establish credibility, gain buy-in for security initiatives, and facilitate cross-functional collaboration.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the security strategy
- Identifying, evaluating and reporting security risks with stakeholders
- Providing regular reporting on the current status of the security program to stakeholders
- Coordination of the security team. This includes hiring, training, and staff development
- Fostering a security culture within the organization
- Security budget management
- Overseeing that the security program comply with relevant laws, regulations and policies
You ideally will have
- A passion for blockchain technology
- People management experience
- Deep knowledge in at least the following security domains:
- Governance Risk & Compliance
- Security Operations
- Application Security
- Previous experience building security teams
- Previous experience working in a remote and asynchronous scheme
Bonus points if
- Experience working for an open source organization
- Experience working for Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
We pay a competitive salary based on experience, plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here here: https://status.im/snt-utility/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Angel from the Talent team
- Interview with Emilio from the Security team
- Technical Task
- Interview with Corey, the Program Lead for Logos
- Interview with Carl, the Co-Founder
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.