Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
We are looking for a SDET / QA Automation Engineer to join our KernelCare team. The ideal candidate should possess more than just technical expertise; they should have an unwavering commitment to quality and a deep passion for Python. We're looking for someone who not only writes Python code but also lives and breathes it. This candidate should think in Python, excel in Python, and communicate in Python. If you are excited about pushing the boundaries of QA engineering with your Python prowess, we encourage you to apply.
KernelCare, CloudLinux’s fastest-growing product, provides automated kernel security updates without reboots for the most popular Linux distributions. It ensures optimal performance and uptime by allowing hosting providers and enterprises to keep kernels up-to-date with all security patches while keeping servers online.
Work is fully remote, with flexible hours, where you can plan your day and work from anywhere in the world.
More details about the project you can find on the product website KernelCare.com, about the company on Cloudlinux.com
As our SDET / QA Automation Engineer you will:
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for kernel failures caused by errors in our patch sets.
- Prepare all needed documentation sets clarifying all the aspects of the product’s environment
- Add new automated test scenarios (Python), maintaining continuous test execution (Jenkins), tracking test cycles execution results, recommending corrective actions, and working with the development engineers on resolution of problems
- Maintain and modify test environment and configuration as needed, create new test environments and configurations to meet customer-based configuration or problem reproducing requirements
- Continue to expand test automation within KernelCare continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments
- Collaborate with kernel, support, and python engineers
To be successful you should have:
- You should speak Python, breathe Python, and think Python
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a similar field
- 3+ years of experience in QA Automation (experience only in UI and/or API automation isn’t relevant for us)
- 6+ years in QA
- Experience and the passion for Linux. Fluent in Linux CLI is a must!
- Strong shell scripting knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of Python programming language is a must!
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming with Python
- Knowledge of Ansible, Docker
- Understanding of CI/CD systems, tools and approaches
- Experience in creation of Jenkins scripted/declarative pipelines
- Good understanding of DevOps principles and their relation to automation engineering
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse teams
- Proven ability to communicate well with peers and all levels of management
- Intermediate (and higher) English level
- Team player but also able to work independently using your initiative
- Happy in an agile, fast-paced environment
What's in it for you?
- A focus on professional development;
- Training reimbursements
- Mentor programs
- Knowledge-Exchange programs
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Flexible working hours
- Paid one month of vacation per year and unlimited sick leave
- Medical insurance reimbursement
- Co-working and gym/sports reimbursement
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.