Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Who we are
- Sustain.Life is a high-energy, early-stage, VC-backed Climate Tech start-up. We focus on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions in addressing the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts, offering innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow. We are building a team that will help our users launch sustainability programs, benchmark their ESG performance, measure carbon emissions, set meaningful goals, execute reduction strategies, and ultimately share their progress with key stakeholders
- We are a Certified B Corporation which is a private certification of for-profit companies that have met high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, and we were Pitch Finalists in the 2022 SXSW Social and Culture category
- We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK, Ireland and a growing list of other countries. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our platform, and at Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2022, our entire carbon footprint was 522.78 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees
Sustain.Life is looking for a People Operations Generalist to join our growing People Operations team. This role will be directly responsible for keeping the trains running on time as it relates to our core functions of People Operations, including payroll, benefits, and compliance. We also expect this individual to play a significant role in supporting the organization across a wide range of People Operations initiatives that contribute to the hiring, growth, and retention of our employees. This role will report to our VP of Finance & People Operations.
An ideal candidate will be motivated by the desire to embody our core values of Stewardship, Sustainability, and Excellence when building and supporting our team in a fast-growing, innovative environment.
In this role, your core responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team to establish a best-in-class hiring and onboarding experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Managing onboarding of new hires, including distributing pre-hire materials, working with IT on set up, enrollment in People Operations systems, and coordination of onboarding sessions
- Creating efficient and transparent People Operations infrastructure
- Managing payroll, benefits, and compliance, including managing relationships and liaising with third-party vendors
- Providing support for off-boarding and termination actions including sending termination documentation packets and partnering with IT to offboarding employee system access
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviewing policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintaining compliance with insurance requirements and managing renewals
- Building and retaining great teams, including:
- Supporting VP of Finance & People Operations with initiatives such as the development and implementation of new People Operations programs, regional and global company onsites, companywide performance management, and People Operations policies
- Gathering and analyzing data with useful People Operations metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Creating and maintaining a culture of learning and growth for our people
- Supporting execution of quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Maintaining compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory employee trainings, such as sexual harassment and unconscious bias trainings
- Evaluating opportunities for learning & development across the organization and supporting the rollout of those initiatives
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least 4-5 years of related work experience, preferably in a People Operations support, project management or strategic people function
- Experience across People Operations functional areas, including hiring & recruiting, onboarding, training and development, and performance management
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced team environment. Effectively sees projects through from start to finish, proactively anticipates needs, and problem solves creatively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: able to successfully and effectively partner with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment, work on a remote team, and build and foster positive working relationships across teams in a completely remote workplace
- Proficient with Excel
- Experience with HRIS's and PEO's is ideal
Bonus - experience we'd love to see
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up
- A passion for sustainability - you care about climate change and want to be part of the solution
Base Salary: $85,000-$110,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual experience within the salary band and business objectives. Our base salary is just one component of Sustain.Life's competitive total compensation package that also includes an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and retirement benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Annual Learning & Development and Sustainable Goods Purchase Stipends
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life. Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.