Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol; the p2p communication layer for Web3.
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 200+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
- Research the market and identify, qualify and perform deep-dive analysis on new web3 investment opportunities, both including tradeable tokens and early-stage VC-style investments;
- Gather information from industry experts and be an SME within the team for industry and market trends;
- Screen for deals, conduct calls with management teams, and prepare call notes;
- Prepare investment memos for review and decision;
- Execute and then monitor agreed investments, providing reports and updates as required by the organisation;
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers in other projects, foundations and venture capital firms.
You ideally will have:
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology;
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles;
- Strong financial maths skills, including cash flow modelling, investment valuation techniques, return metrics, APY;
- Outstanding research and analytical skills;
- Ability to produce well designed and structured written materials with clear messaging and decision points;
- At least 1 year of professional investment experience (in the field of investment analysis of a Cryptocurrency Organisation, Venture Capital, Private Equity or Investment Banking Company);
- Hands-on experience trading crypto assets (and be willing to provide evidence of this);
- A deep understanding of DeFi and its underlying technology;
- A security mindset and knowledge and experience of risk management, including how to identify, quantify and hedge relevant risks.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience working for an open-source organisation;
- You have working knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Python) and developer tools and workflows (e.g. Markdown, Git);
- You have experience of end-to-end deal making, from research of opportunities to final execution of the deal.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
- Introduction call with the Talent team
- Interview with Head of Finance and Finance team member
- Paid project (2-3 hours of work)
- Interview co-founder
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto.