Fully Worldwide Remote Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
We're looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join our team to help change the way developers build their applications.
You'll be primarily responsible for growing our NextJS apps to a comprehensive development stack, including our backend API, user authentication and expanding our React UI. You'll be an indispensable part of the team, by working very closely with our frontend team, designers, founders and backend engineers; you'll be directly contributing to technical choices, building a team culture and co-authoring internal processes for a growing team.
This role is specifically focused around observability (”o11y”). You will work to improve logging, reporting and analytics in the Dashboard for all of our tools.
This is an opportunity to truly take ownership of a web platform, defining how it evolves, and how we can scale our users, team, product and processes.
What we need
This role requires three critical attributes:
- You’ve got a background in working with data. In addition to your frontend skills, you’ve got experience with wrangling and visualizing data. You might have worked on other customer-facing dashboards, building time-series visualizations for reporting metrics like usage and utilization. You have meaningful experience presenting data to users. You don’t need to be a database expert, but you are solid SQL—optimizing SQL queries would be a common task, for example.
- Ability to write great production React code in Next.JS. You know React and Next.JS very well. You know a state management tool like Redux or MobX really well. You implicitly know many of the reasons why we’re rewriting our Dashboard to use React Query instead of MobX. You can take a MobX store and rewrite it using React Query.
- Ability to self-manage. Every company will expect you to self-manage to some degree, but Supabase takes this to a new level. We are a flat, early-stage startup without a lot of structure. To thrive in this environment, you’ll need to be a motivated self-starter who is good working asynchronously across multiple teams. We’re looking for someone who will identify things that need improvement and put their heads down until it’s shipped.
What you’ll do
- Build our logging, reporting and analytics tools in the Dashboard, iterating existing features and building new ones.
- Take ownership of the Dashboard front end stack, planning and iterating on it based on a roadmap that you have an active voice in moulding.
- Build tools within the Supabase ecosystem, occasionally dogfooding our own work
- Interacting with customers on a daily basis.
- Help build out the test suite for the Dashboard
- Improve the speed, performance and code quality of our Dashboard
- Triage and fix GitHub issues
- 5+ years experience in web development (React, Typescript, HTML, CSS, Node.js, relational databases);
- Knowledge of modern JS (ES6 etc), React UI Components (we use Radix), state management (Mobx, Redux, etc), and data fetching strategies using React Query / SWR, etc;
- Experience with building visual tools for logging, reporting analytics;
- Experience with relational databases (especially Postgres) and SQL
- Willingness to evolve and shape the development tools/stack;
- Willingness to regularly talk to customers to ensure we’re solving problems they have;
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to haves
- Experience with d3js;
- Experience working on large projects, and the code and contribution complexities that come with it;
- Web accessibility experience;
- Experience working on a large, open-source project.
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- ESOP (equity ownership in the company)
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependents
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
About the team
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.