Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
The Director of Security will work with business stakeholders to achieve mission success by managing security risks.
The Director of Security will oversee and lead Remote’s security team and function. They will manage Remote’s security strategy and its implementation to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the organisation’s systems and information.
- Define, implement, communicate and maintain security strategy, policies, goals and requirements aligned with business strategy, and manage security resources, to support the company’s objectives
- Work with the Security Council and Remote’s senior leadership in developing Remote’s Information Security vision, strategy and road-map of Remote’s Security function
- Recruit and nurture individual growth to build an autonomous and high performing Security team
- Be an advocate of information security best practices and proactively looking to improve and drive Remote’s security posture, driving efforts to improve Security Awareness across company
- Drive Remote’s security risk management program, by partnering with Legal, Data Protection and Finance in developing and managing our enterprise risk management framework(s), and collaborating with senior leaders in reducing Information Security risks
- Manage and improve upon our Application Security initiatives and personnel to make sure Remote is delivering the most secure Platform possible to its customers
- Build a Security Incident Response processes and culture within the Security Team
- Report to Remote’s top management about security risks, threats and their potential impact, incidents and security performance
- Drive security compliance requirements from customers, standards and regulations
- Supervise the management and improvement of Remote’s ISMS
- 3+ years of experience managing security teams, including people, resources, stakeholders and security service management
- Certified in cybersecurity management, e.g. CISSP, CISM etc.
- Understands the leadership responsibilities and prioritizes execution of company-wide strategy
- Experience in cyber security strategy management and implementation and fostering a security culture
- Proficient with security principles, technologies and security engineering domains
- Ability to clearly articulate security issues to all types of business stakeholders, including Board members
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous problems in a hyper-growth environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- You’ll report to: VP Engineering
- Direct reports: 2-6 people
- Team: Engineering
- Location: You can be in any location and any timezone to apply. We will be giving initial preference to APAC and EMEA based candidates
- Start date: as soon as possible
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email email@example.com
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.