Fully Worldwide Remote Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Director of Global Payroll Operations joining our Payroll Operations team.
In this role, you'll be developing and guiding our strategy for Global Payroll Operations and help to bring the future a little closer to Remote.
We seek to address global disparity with innovative working solutions, to provide access to dignified employment for everyone.
We're looking for folks with the enthusiasm and passion to help ensure an equitable and sustainable future of work to make the world a better place for all.What this job can offer you
- Partner with the Growth team to design, implement and develop new product lines, business revenue streams, and business verticals;
- Contribute to the strategy development and own its execution for the Payroll Operations team, by independently or managing multiple projects/programs or initiatives;
- Build and drive a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, policymakers, and other relevant stakeholders ;
- Develop and nuture a GTM process from germination to release.
- Interrogate the impact of Operations work and lead data analysis that helps to understand and maximize business and/or social impact, and inform insights and perspectives;
- Identify opportunities for turning our data and insights into compelling content and stories that help our key audiences engage with our work.
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Review financial information and advise on adjustments to operational budgets
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Relevant work experience - product marketing, operational roles, or strategy consulting;
- Experience with social impact and/or strategic program development, execution, and performance monitoring.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level and to launch new and multiple products and/or programs successfully
- Strategy, data, and result-driven. You are eager to make a huge impact at Remote. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and are able to operate fluidly between the big picture and the small task, while never losing sight of results.
- Ability to ramp from being familiar to being an expert in a matter of days.
- A team player. It's a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with Growth, Operations, Product, Legal, and International Expansion, and needs to be able to nurture warm relationships across every functional team.
- Building and guiding a team with experience medium to large organizations globally distributed.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Familiarity with data analytics and project management software packages
- Fluent in English both writing and speaking.
- Familiar with working on a remote or distributed team. It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- You'll report to: VP of Payroll
- Team: Payroll Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.Application process
Roughly 5 hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with Hiring Manager (VP of Payroll)
- Interview with Director of Product (Payroll)
- Interview with Director of Payroll and Benefits Experience
- Interview with COO
- Prior employment verification check
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email email@example.com
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.