Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Acid.info is a creative design studio within the Logos DAO. It serves as the organization’s communications hub and is made up of designers, coders, linguists, dreamers and revolutionaries. The department takes a brutalist approach to the creation process, favoring impactful designs over superfluous detail that risks diluting or warping the overall message.
Acid.info needs a visionary digital designer to join its Digital Content Studio. Our chosen candidate will be comfortable pushing the boundaries of digital content production to deliver our message across multiple mediums, applying technological solutions to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining the highest standards.
We are building a grassroots movement to create technological alternatives to oppressive systems of societal control. Vehemently anti-censorship, anti-surveillance and anti-authoritarian, we support basic human rights via the creation of opt-in alternatives to traditional power structures.
Working closely with experienced activists, our ideal candidate is one who firmly aligns with our political and philosophical ethos. We’re not looking for someone that is just “into crypto/web3” but an individual that lives and breathes cypherpunk ideals and shows a passion for disruption through unconventional means.
- Design digital content for our websites, podcast video, and social channels with Figma conforming to our brand and art direction
- Design internal and external presentations using our templates and improve them
- Design, prototype, and illustrate, in an iterative continuous feedback process with leads and other creators/designers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including creative leads, product owners, developers, designers, artists and other content creators
You ideally will have:
- 2+ years proven experience in a professional digital design role
- A portfolio of previous digital design work to showcase experience and creativity
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Figma
- Solid knowledge of Stable Diffusion and experience working AI into the content creation workflow
- An understanding of design principles and user-centered design processes
- Ability to clearly present creative ideas and concepts for campaigns and projects
- A strong alignment with our principles
Bonus points if:
- Experience working with an open-source organization
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter]
The expected compensation range for this role is $80,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
- Interview with our Talent team
- Paid task
- Interview with Digital Content Studio Lead
- Interview with Creative Director
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline]