Instrumentl is growing! We’re looking for an enthusiastic Customer Support Associate to help our customers (nonprofits and grant writers) succeed while using our platform. If you are motivated by customer happiness and excited to join a mission-driven company, then this role is made for you.
Instrumentl (YC S16) is the best platform for nonprofits and grant writing consultants looking to grow revenue. We help over 2,700 nonprofits to manage their institutional fundraising and win more grants by bringing discovery, tracking and grant management to one place.
Our mission is to be a force multiplier on the nonprofit sector’s ability to drive impact. We’re profitable and doubling year-over-year, with strong product-market fit (NPS is 60+).
About the role:
The Customer Success team at Instrumentl is high-growth! We iterate our processes quickly, creating greater efficiencies to better serve our customers and help our company expand.
Our ideal candidate for the Customer Support Associate role is someone who is willing to learn, open to feedback, and eager to pursue both personal and professional development. We encourage a growth mindset and are looking for individuals committed to continuous learning and improvement.
You'll be the 6th member of the Customer Success team, reporting directly to Tracie, our Customer Success Lead. You'll also work closely with:
- Amelie, CSM
- Ketaki, CSM
- Rebecca, Junior CSM
- Will, Head of Growth & Customer Success
Get to know us at instrumentl.com/about!
Instrumentl is fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US, but open to those flexible to Central Time standard working hours as well.
What you'll get to do:
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to Instrumentl customers, partners, and prospects via live chat, email, phone, and video
- Respond to support requests promptly, empathetically, and professionally to help resolve issues and provide solutions
- Maintain and contribute to the Instrumentl Knowledge Base by authoring, editing, and updating documentation (articles, guides, community FAQs, product documentation, etc.)
- Work on internal strategic initiatives focused on continuously optimizing the customer experience
What we're looking for:
- Passion for delivering awesome customer experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with others
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Excitement about Instrumentl’s mission and the work done by the nonprofit community
A big plus if you have the following:
- Prior experience in a customer support role for a SaaS platform with a consistent CSAT score above 95% and net first contact resolution score over 90%
- Experience using a support service desk tool such as Intercom to answer customer inquiries, conduct ticket reporting, and pull metrics to analyze support performance.
- Prior background in the nonprofit sector or understanding of the nonprofit community
- Any quality assurance experience (understanding how to test and report bugs with clarity and efficiency)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary + equity ($45,000 - $55,000/year)
- Fully covered health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + $500 to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success.
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role here - you won’t be bored! You’ll be the 39th member of our small but mighty team, playing a huge part in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
- We’re customer-focused. We routinely seek feedback from our customers to improve the Instrumentl experience for everyone.
- We love to experiment. Our team is constantly generating new ideas and iterating to see what works - ideation and experimentation are key values.
- We’re approachable and collaborative. Everyone has a voice, and we’re all building Instrumentl together.
- We kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines educating kids, saving endangered species, and restoring watersheds. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them move the world forward.
Ready to apply?
Submit your responses to the prompts below:
1. Why are you interested in Instrumentl and this role?
2. Describe your past experience related to the responsibilities of this job.
3. Please submit a 3-minute Loom video or cover letter highlighting 3 traits (and examples) that make you an ideal candidate for this position.
Along with your responses, please attach your CV or resume.
At Instrumentl, we pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!
Apply for this job