Fully Worldwide Remote Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure the smooth running, and where necessary, improve the development workflow by validating, proposing and communicating information about new technologies and processes, e.g. the documentation of coding guidelines or investigating new third-party applications.
- Manage the productive utilisation of team assets by allocating work among developers according to their skills, experience and workload.
- Manage the orderly running of sprints by prioritising tasks and using sprint kickoff to explain how the order of tasks fits into the sprint strategy.
- Ensure all tickets are estimated accurately by organising and leading ticket estimation sessions.
- Ensure technical challenges are analysed, addressed and documented before development commences.
- Drive good time management (predictability) by ensuring developers provide realistic sprint delivery dates.
- Avoid misunderstandings and promote teamwork by promoting healthy communication flow within the team.
- Support purpose-driven development by designing (together with the management team) solutions that are aligned with each project’s business model and user flows. This includes active involvement in client demos, meetings and grooming documentation.
- Interrogate the specifications to ensure optimal outcomes. We don’t expect developers to just follow specifications blindly. At CobbleWeb, we believe that a collective approach produces best-in-class solutions that help our clients succeed.
- Organise the work by breaking down feature epics into stories and tasks.
- Help remove blockers. E.g. researching the suitability of new technology or clarifying acceptance criteria on a ticket.
- Establish clear reference points that can be accessed by the whole team by documenting the technical choices for new projects and features.
- Ensure high-performance, scalable and maintainable platforms by choosing the right technical architecture, data model and framework.
- Oversee the deployment of applications to different environments (DEV / STAGING / PROD).
- Promote client satisfaction by ensuring sufficient and meaningful test coverage.
- Drive code quality through regular code reviews and automated testing.
- Reduce QA engineer workload by making sure tests are launched and passed before each deployment.
- Lead from the front by being a role model that follows CobbleWeb’s general expectations (ownership, quality assurance, speed).
- Help team members to grow and perform in their roles by coaching them in the use of technologies and processes. Always be available to help team members.
- Understand the value and timing of delegation.
- At least 5 years hands-on software development experience using cloud-native & open-source technology stacks to build commercial applications.
- At least 3 years in an Agile environment that utilised methodologies such as Behaviour Driven
- Development, Test Driven Development, Event Driven Architecture, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- 5 years’ experience managing a software development team.
- Recommended: Exposure to e-commerce platform development, in particular, online marketplaces
- In-depth functional and technical understanding of software development and platform architectures
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Finger on the pulse of up-and-coming software development trends
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to drive innovation
- Data driven approach that underpins the ability to identify risks, opportunities, trends, anomalies etc.
- Situationally aware – the ability to think ahead, anticipate challenges, and find solutions.
- Conflict resolution – must be able to facilitate discussions and find alternatives or different approaches to resolving challenges.
- Coordinator – building good professional relationships with cross-functional teams spread across different regions of the organisation.
- Mentorship – able to help team members achieve their aspirations and grow, whether it’s conquering a new technology or implementing a new methodology.
- Expert with NodeJS (5+years experience)
- Expert with NestJS framework (3+years experience)
- Expert with MySQL / MongoDB (3+years experience)
- Strong Experience developing within ReactJS (2+years experience)
- Strong understanding of frontend frameworks like NextJS and Bootstrap/Material
- Excellent understanding of REST APIs
- Use of Docker in local and production environments
- Experience with techniques such as TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with test automation using JEST/ Mocha, Jenkins, Selenium or other testing frameworks would be advantageous
- Experience with integration of third-party applications like Stripe, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS or Elasticsearch is a plus
THIS JOB IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR AGENCIES.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/cobbleweb-technical-lead-online-marketplace-development
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.