Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Bobtail is dedicated to increasing happiness by eliminating inefficiencies in the supply chain. We envision a supply chain without friction, fraud, waste, and abuse where companies succeed based on the value they create.
We work in a unique way at Bobtail, where we value teams over individuals and encourage experimentation and iteration to constantly improve. Teams are given flexibility in working towards a shared purpose and given the freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals.
If you are an out of the box thinker that takes a proactive approach in collaborating with others to solve problems and achieve your goals - we would love to talk to you.
The things we value:
- Teams over individuals
- Experimentation and failing fast
- Initiative and solutions oriented approach
- Mental health and work life balance
Bobtail is excited to be at a high growth point in its journey. This is an opportunity to be a servant leader at a dynamic organization where you are responsible for all software development activities. This leader has the ability to work with people from a diverse set of backgrounds, is a student of organizational management and culture, and can balance business and technical priorities while always putting the customer and company mission first. A sense of humor helps.You should apply if you have:
- CS/CE Degree
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with demonstrated proficiency in programming languages, such as nodejs, typescript and overall system design.
- Experience building enterprise software, event driven microservices architecture, and distributed systems at scale
- Experience at a high growth startup and an enterprise level organization
- Experience managing a rapidly growing and distributed organization
- Expert understanding of software development processes and lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of agile methodologies and frameworks
- Excellent social and communication skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a track record of a solutions driven approach.
- Experience scaling engineering organizations and have a deep understanding of the importance of tools, processes, organizational design, and the culture of strong teams.
- Implemented OKR’s in an engineering organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related engineering degree
- Adept at working within SCRUM and Kanban workflows
- Experience with modern DevOps design and implementation
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Contribute to design and development of enterprise scale application.
- Develop features and improvements to the Bobtail product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Debug production level issues throughout the application.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Conduct Code Review within our Code Review Guidelines and ensure community contributions receive a swift response.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of your team.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Confidently ship large sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Monthly Mental Break Day
- Paid Time Off
- Work from home (or wherever)
- Parental leave
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is Bobtail’s nucleus. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace people of different backgrounds, cultures, religions, national origins, races, colors, genders, gender expressions, sexual orientations, ages, marital status, veteran status, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.