Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Quality Engineer to create best-in-class tools, frameworks and processes supporting fast delivery and high quality. We test heavily, fast, and in complex environments using a shift-left testing approach. You’ll help us set the standard and deliver products of the highest performance. Make a huge impact on millions of customers who love, trust, and use our products every day. Join us and be one of our quality champions.
- Our product is trusted by millions of customers all over the world every day to experience freedom on the internet while controlling their security and privacy.
- We use shift testing left to find problems early, or prevent them from occurring, and highly push for stability and speed of our tests. Just testing is not enough, we want to test smart.
- We value innovation and are not afraid of experimenting. You will have room for researching, creating proofs of concept and validating your ideas for improving our quality assurance approach.
- Engineering teams are responsible for the quality of their products. Quality Engineers are a crucial part of those teams. You will be part of a team that helps to deliver standardisation in processes in tools, whilst providing support and expertise as a domain specialist.
The Quality Engineer will be part of the team whose role is to ensure that the quality of software products is maintained at a high level by leveraging various testing tools, frameworks and practices. The specific roles and responsibilities of the team can vary depending on the challenges the company and various teams encounter, but here are some tasks the team is in charge of:
- Evaluation and selection of testing tools and frameworks. The team is responsible for evaluating different testing tools and working in collaboration with the relevant development teams to select the ones best suited to the organisation's needs.
- Design, architect, and build testing tools. Once the goals for the automated tools are set, the team is responsible for helping to build them to work with the organisation's infrastructure, and at some point transfer ownership of some of them where appropriate.
- Continuous improvement. The team is responsible for constantly identifying areas to optimise for better testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaboration with other teams. The team works closely with other engineering teams, to understand their challenges and ensure that the testing tools and process is integrated into the overall software development process.
- Training. The team trains new joiners and employees in quality best practices, tools, and techniques.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality or Software Engineering
- Experience building complex testing tools and frameworks from scratch
- Good programming skills in any programming language
- Experience in automated testing on different levels, from unit to e2e testing
- Experience with frontend, backend and devops technologies
- Innovative mindset and proactive attitude
- Willingness to constantly look for improvements
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- A high degree of curiosity and stakeholders empathy
When it comes to hiring processes, “rigorous” and “opaque” are often mistakenly conflated. For us, it’s always a mutual exchange, so we think it’s important that candidates have a clear understanding of the process and what we’re looking for. Learn more about the hiring process by visiting our careers page.
Health and happiness go hand in hand, and we make every effort to support our team members in all facets of their lives—both inside and outside the office. Learn more about our employee benefits by visiting our careers page.
- At the moment, we do not sponsor visas in the UK and the EU. For Hong Kong, we require at least two years of working experience and a university degree in a related field. For Singapore, we can only sponsor visas for mid-career or above.
- Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.
ExpressVPN is one of the world’s leading providers of online privacy and security services for consumers. Started in 2009, we’ve grown to have millions of active paying customers, a team of more than 700 people worldwide, and a brand recognized by hundreds of millions of people in 18 languages and more than a hundred countries. We see huge growth in our industry, and are gaining market share through strong execution.
Please note that all offers are subject to reference checks from one or more of your former managers/colleagues. For your current manager, we understand that every company has distinct HR practices, and will only speak with them at a mutually agreed-upon time that works for you
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.