Timescale is hiring a Solutions Engineer for our growing international team! Our Solutions Engineers strongly impact the customer journey by ensuring a smooth post-sales experience and implementation and empowering our clients to derive maximum value from our technology. The right candidate will be comfortable providing deep technical assistance in implementing data models and schemas in various customer architectures and situations. You should have experience with implementing relational databases (PostgreSQL is a strong plus!) and must quickly gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB and how to use its advanced features to set customers up for success. You should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first.
Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position with a target location in the East Coast North American timezone.
What You Will Do:
- Be integrated into customer teams, helping them execute and succeed as they get started with Timescaledb on our hosted platforms.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to address technical challenges and improve product features based on client feedback
- Work with our Solutions Architects and customers to create a plan for schema, compression, and continuous aggregates and how to integrate those features into their existing workflows.
- Help develop educational content based on customer needs and desires.
- Stay updated on industry trends and competitive offerings to maintain a competitive edge in the market.
- Understand Timescale's features, capabilities, and value proposition.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Relational DB experience at scale: administration, data modeling, query optimization
- Experience as a technical support professional, Technical Account Manager, Solutions Architect, Consultant, or similar role with external customers and deep integration work with their systems.
- Engage with prospects through presentations, demos, and technical discussions.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and learning new software products.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
- A thorough and holistic approach to data platforms, data analysis, and infrastructure.
Other Things that Will Help:
- Be familiar with TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply: https://docs.timescale.com/tutorials/latest/nyc-taxi-cab/
- Familiarity with broad cloud computing concepts and experience with AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with Relational databases, NoSQL databases, data modeling tools, ETL Pipelines, and data lifecycle management.
- Familiarity with Postgresql, including best practices, Query Plan analysis, backup/restore, migrations, etc
By applying for this position, you are agreeing to Timescale's Applicant Privacy Notice.