Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining both our Web and Mobile user interfaces using React and React Native, respectively. Your expertise in building scalable and high-performance applications will directly contribute to the success of our platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality web and mobile applications using React and React Native
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Design, and Backend Engineering, to ensure seamless integration of new features and improvements
- Contribute to the architecture and design of our web and mobile applications
- Identify, analyze, and resolve performance bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the codebase
- Write and maintain comprehensive unit tests and documentation
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure our applications remain current and competitive
- Mentor junior developers and participate in code reviews to maintain a high standard of code quality
Skills you should HODL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on web and mobile applications
- Experience with Next.js, RESTful APIs and WebSockets
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tooling
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices and principles
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry and blockchain technology
- Familiarity with native mobile app development (iOS/Android)
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-LM1 #LI-Remote #Canada
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job