Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Contribute to our rapidly growing React and NodeJS codebases (both within our Turborepo powered monorepo and our stand-alone apps) — everything from our web application to our backend GraphQL API, to our internal services that power payments.
- Contribute well-tested, end-to-end TypeScript code. We are big fans of Vitest for unit testing and Playwright for end-to-end testing.
- Craft readable, performant, and scaleable SQL queries and database schemas to solve data modeling problems.
- Help improve our internal design system, codebase architecture, application performance, and Developer Experience.
- Participate in all parts of the product development process, like design critiques, code reviews, and cross-functional planning with your team.
- Backend: AlloyDB(PostgreSQL), GraphQL, GraphQL Helix, NodeJS, Redis, Temporal
- Data: Airbyte, DBT, Google BigQuery, Google Colab, Looker
- DevOps: ArgoCD, Docker, GitHub, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes
- Frameworks: NextJS
- Frontend: GLSL shaders, React, react-three-fiber, Relay, Stitches, styled-components, Suspense, Three.js
- Languages: Typescript
- Testing: Playwright, Vitest
- Tools: Chromatic, Linear, Mergify, Posthog, Slack, Stream, Turbopack, Turborepo
You’ll be successful here if you
- Mission-driven. Our mission truly resonates with you and you would like to be a part of what we are building together at Contra!
- A dedicated team player. You thrive in a collaborative, remote-only environment and you are comfortable with 8 am - 1 pm PST core hours!
- Passionate about learning. Share a genuine curiosity for learning, always eager to pick up new skills. We don’t expect everyone to know everything but you learn quickly!
- Goal oriented. Understand what you need to do in order to achieve your goals without needing all of the bells and whistles.
- Committed to trying. Have the resilience and willingness to try and try again even if you fail after a few attempts!
- Ambitious attitude. You bring a strong work ethic and contagious energy to your team as we work towards our North Star.
- Path Paver. Joining a startup you enjoy taking ownership, building out processes and documentation that might not exist to share with your team members.
You will love Contra for our
- 🌎 Remote-only culture that is here to stay
- 🍎 100% health coverage for US full-time employees, and health reimbursements for all international contractors
- 💸 $4,000 laptop reimbursement upon starting + additional for equipment, co-working, and meetups
- 💰 401k matching for US full-time employees
- 💛 No-meeting Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- 👋 Generous time off
- 👶 Flexible parental leave
- 💁 A custom slack emoji, just for you!
Our interview process
- Intro call (15-30 minutes)
- Complete a Technical assessment (2 hours maximum)
- Technical interview (45-60 minutes)
- Non-technical (culture) interview (30 minutes)
- Strengths-based technical interview (45 minutes)
- Cross-Functional Interview (30 minutes)
- High-level technical interview with CTO & VPE (30-45 minutes)
Salary + Equity Range
- $130k - $160k USD
- Equity Value Range: $72k - $180k USD
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/contra-senior-software-engineer-2
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.