About IOV Labs
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs operates the Rootstock Blockchain, a Bitcoin merge-mined smart contracts platform - the most secure smart contract platform in the world. IOV Labs also develops the Rootstock Infrastructure Framework (RIF) to provide our partners with everything they need to build decentralised apps and new Open Finance services on the Rootstock Blockchain.
We have had early success with partners building ground-breaking Open Finance services on Rootstock. We are now scaling-up our ambitions and exploring exciting new applications for our decentralised technology.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join IOV Labs during this exciting time of growth. Reporting to the Head of QA, you will support the Developer Experience squad in their ongoing challenge to craft cutting-edge solutions for the rootstock community.
As an accomplished automation engineer, you will work across multiple teams and support them in identifying and addressing potential issues in the development lifecycle, estimating testing efforts and collaborating with a cross-functional team to meet project milestones. This role is an incredible opportunity to impact the Developer Experience team for one of the world’s leading smart contract platforms.
What You’ll be Doing
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Provide exhaustive and detailed documentation on bug reports, test cases, and automation tools used, among others
- Coordinate the tracking of bugs found with the development team
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved or before a release.
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Collect and report quality data
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to management and the squad
- Establish excellent QA practices that can be transferred to other technical teams of the organization
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor or Advanced Student of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems or related careers
- 5-8 years of experience working as a QA Automation Engineer
- Working knowledge of common software architectures (web/mobile/API/DB)
- Strong technical ability who has previously set up UI and API automation framework
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD and BDD automation framework experience.
- Working knowledge in one or more automation tools (Selenium, Appium, WebdriverIO, Playwright, Chai, Mocha, SoapUI, JMeter…)
- Working knowledge in one or more test management tools (Xray, Zephir, TestRail…)
- Experience with performance tests
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience working towards objectives with remote teams
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, attention to detail.
- Advanced English language proficiency
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Blockchain Technology Knowledge.
- Strong interest in and familiarity with cryptocurrency and decentralized technologies.
- Experience working in a fast-growing start-up.
- Information Security Knowledge.
- Threat model, safe development cycle (SDL).
- Ability to evaluate software stability and quality from a security perspective.
What You’ll Get Back
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 100% remote working (contractor) from anywhere in the world
- Possibility to work at your nearest WeWork space
- Flexible working hours. You’re free to work however you work best
- Paid holidays and personal leave days
- Opportunity to work with state of art technology in a challenging and unique project
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world
- Language courses: English or Spanish
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological, and wellness counseling for you and your family
IOV Labs Mission, Vision, & Purpose
- Our purpose is to... build a more decentralized world, for a freer and fairer future
- Our vision is… a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper
- We’re on a mission to… provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy