Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
As a market leader in healthcare innovation, we empower individuals to take control of their healthcare journey by providing powerful tool to navigate and unlock the full potential of health plan options. Amino's cutting-edge digital solutions empower health plan members to effortlessly navigate their benefits and guide them towards optimal care options, considering factors such as available programs, provider network quality, and cost.
We’re proud to have recently secured additional outside capital to accelerate our growth and fund the continued development of differentiated, market leading navigation tools. To support this, we’re seeking an experienced and driven Data Engineering Manager to join us on the journey helping millions understand and optimize their health plan options.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will play a crucial role in leading and guiding our data engineers, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation. Your technical expertise, leadership skills, and ability to inspire and mentor a team will be essential in driving the success of projects such as:
- Developing data pipelines for new lines of business
- Migrating our existing pipelines to best-of-breed tools (dagster, dbt, etc)
- Ingesting and integrating data from a host of new vendors
- Develop sophisticated data integrations with new and existing partners and clients
- Manage and lead a team of data engineers, ensuring efficient project execution and high-quality deliverables.
- Recruit and hire top engineering talent, with a focus on building a diverse and high-performing team.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and career development, providing guidance and mentorship to help team members thrive and advance in their careers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and execute data engineering strategies, ensuring alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Drive technical excellence and innovation within the team, promoting best practices and staying abreast of industry trends and advancements.
- Ensure adherence to engineering standards, processes, and quality measures, driving a culture of operational excellence.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions, ensuring effective data management and optimization.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and tools in the data engineering space, making recommendations for their adoption and integration into our systems.
- Proven experience as an engineering manager, preferably in the data engineering field.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve excellence.
- Experience managing and mentoring data engineers, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Deep understanding of data engineering concepts, tools, and technologies, with the ability to guide technical decision-making and problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on delivering scalable and efficient data solutions.
- We’re committed to helping you achieve your best work in a supportive, growth-oriented environment. We have seriously big goals, and expectations are high and we’ll equip you with the tools and resources you need to be successful.
- Expected base salary: $190k to $210k plus standard company benefits and a generous option grant. Amino values transparency and has included the reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this full-time role at any approved US location. Individual pay is determined by a range of factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, licensure or certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Amino does not typically hire at or near the top of a salary range.
- We offer full-time employees 100% paid employee healthcare premiums; dependent premium coverage depends on the plan.
- 401(k) and FSA programs
- This position, like all roles at the firm, will have a good deal of autonomy. We’re a remote-first team and have designed our culture for a balance of synchronous and asynchronous work with people operating from all over the country. To support your remote office, we provide every new Amino with a generous office set-up allowance plus a monthly stipend for internet/phone.
- PTO is non accrual and we expect Amino’s to take a minimum of 15 days a year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We know the reputation and track record that the tech industry has, and work hard to be exceptional in this regard.
We are a small team who believes that success is a group activity. You should expect to learn from everyone at Amino, and be excited to share your knowledge. You will play a big part in influencing the shape of the product and be empowered to provide your thoughts and ideas.
We believe in collaboration, respect, and curiosity. We believe in having a growth mindset, and have a passion for solving problems that have never been faced before. Everyone’s input is valued, be it about code, data models, business models, or product ideas.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.