Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
The studio comprises experienced devs from many studios and games, including League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Apex Legends, Call of Duty, Warframe, and many more. We're a small, talent-dense team that is looking to make accessible yet deep PvP games that are played by players all over the world by building games with them from the earliest points in our development process.
Are you passionate about creating deeply engaging and fulfilling experiences for players? To collaborate with a small experienced team while building games you're proud of? Do you work on mods or prototypes for games you or a group of friends dreamed up in your spare time? Well great! We're looking for a sharp, driven, and super-flexible software developer to join us as we deliver amazing player experiences!
- Design, build, maintain, and optimize gameplay systems for cross-platform live service PVP games.
- Contribute code on a regular basis.
- Own the game client and game server tech for our games.
- Leverage your experience to mentor and help other engineers improve their craft and improve our client and server tech.
- Help us find the balance between building fast and building right.
- Collaborate with artists and designers to bring amazing ideas to life and pitch ideas of your own! We’re looking to delight players, and we want your help.
- Be willing to wear multiple hats. Odyssey is just starting out, and we’re all going to be stepping out of our comfort zones to make the best experiences for players!
Qualities We Need:
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 6+ years of deep and broad experience with C++ and modern game engines (e.g., Unreal, Unity)
- Experience in low-level optimization.
- Experience working on a live service game.
- A secondary specialty (e.g., graphics, performance, UI/UX, networking, or mobile development)
Qualities We Want:
- A specialty in graphics and performance for games.
- 4+ years of experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience working on multi-platform (Console, PC) game titles.
- Comprehensive health benefits worldwide
- An open paid-time-off policy with a two-week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early-stage startup. We want you to succeed when Odyssey succeeds!
- Remote first! Work from where works for you! Relocation assistance is available to Waterloo, Canada, if you prefer working in person.
Odyssey is committed to creating an inclusive environment from day one as a studio. We believe that in order to make games for players around the world, our team should reflect our audience. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply!
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.