Fully Worldwide Remote Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
- The Rust language.
- Type Systems, Generics, Futures, Async/Await, Tokio
- Library API and CLI design.
- Building components in complex code bases.
- Modern build systems, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps.
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases.
- Git and GitHub's workflow.
- 7+ years of experience building low-level and backend systems.
- Distributed systems, Actor based concurrent systems and Messaging Protocols.
- Provisioning and operating basic cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages, including Typescript
- This is a Senior Level (L4/5) role at Ockam.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, <click here for our guide>.
- Learn about how Ockam’s Rust libraries, Ockam Protocols and Ockam Orchestrator work.
- Have 1x1s and pairing sessions with the team members that you’ll be working with closely and get to know your engineering peers.
- If you are new to Rust or have dabbled in it in the past, this month will be a great opportunity for you to spend time doing tutorials and learning the fundamentals of Rust.
- Do a deep dive into the code base and learn more about the inner workings of our Rust libraries.
- Learn about what processes our team currently has in place and how we get work done.
- Tackle your first ticket by committing code to one of our repos.
- Gain a robust understanding of the needs of the Rust library
- Understand the details of how our partner Auth0 would like the TypeScript libraries to work in their environment.
- Design, architect, and deliver your first large feature
- Guide your peers that you work with on areas of improvement on the technical side as well as the process side
- Establish strong async and sync communication rhythms with your peers and management, practicing transparency and visibility in your progress and areas of focus
- Celebrate the major win of having your work being used and valued by our users
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other engineers and teammates in your product team, and support your team through thoughtful feedback
- Gain a deep understanding of both the Rust and TypeScript libraries and how they work together and when we add a feature, how do we want to architect it best for both libraries
- Elevate the work of the team and become a subject matter expert in an area that interests you
- Continue to contribute to our Open Source libraries and Ockam Command
- Fortify relationships with cross functional team members as well as broaden your connections across the organization
- Coach and mentor team members
- Have significant ownership, making extensive contributions to a large system that enables customers to establish trusted channels between applications.
- Drive initiatives with high-impact on the business and our customers.
- Extensively collaborate with engineering management the executive team to level up the organization and continually improve our product.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.