Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Join our growing corporate legal team of more than 9 attorneys and paraprofessionals working on matters such as corporate governance, board management, international corporate structuring, product formation and strategy, securities compliance and debt and equity financings to further Kraken’s mission.
This role is fully remote within the United States (US). Per the listed requirement for US state bar admission, we will consider US-based applicants.
- Joining Kraken legal as a senior member of the corporate governance team. Responsibilities include guiding corporate strategic transactions, providing experienced corporate governance and board advice, securities compliance, product structuring and advice, and public company preparedness
- Provide creative, innovative, and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on routinely short timelines
- Be an outstanding collaborator with colleagues in legal, finance, accounting, corporate development, compliance, tax, equity, compensation and other areas
Skills you should HODL
- 8+ years of relevant corporate and securities legal experience at a leading national firm, or comparable in house practice, with substantial exposure to or experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience advising companies on ‘33 and ‘34 act securities law requirements
- Excellent project management, negotiation, drafting, and time management skills
- Honed executive communication skills
- Excellent business judgment, analytic rigor, and legal pragmatism
- Must be active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States
- Passion for the crypto industry
- Lead cross-functional teams in an in-house legal role
Nice to have
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
- Public company reporting experience
- Experience both in house and at a law firm
- Product structuring experience
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job