As a Senior Content Marketing Manager at Timescale🐯, you will manage and create content for our websites and marketing initiatives—from core web pages to paid ad copy, landing pages, ebooks, and whitepapers. The ideal candidate is a strategic and creative thinker with experience with technical audiences and enjoys creating compelling narratives and content to engage them.
Top candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenge of taking full ownership and responsibility for high-quality content that drives awareness, increased conversion rates, and general interest/engagement in Timescale. Experience partnering with design and development teams to deliver a complete product is a must. Experience creating video and interactive content is a plus.
Timescale is a developer-oriented company, and our ethos is always to “Help First.” As such, we place an emphasis on winning developer credibility, using a combination of highly technical content and grassroots community engagement. We’re looking for people who love developers, shun buzzwords and jargon, and have a proven track record of bringing developer products to market. Developer marketing experience is a must. Bonus points if you have cloud product experience.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Using performance insights, competitive and market analysis, and business objectives to define the content marketing strategy for the website and other digital channels.
- Creating various forms of content including landing pages, web copy, email messages, case studies, survey reports, digital assets, and more.
- Maintaining the highest level of editorial oversight for the website and all created content, while staying consistent with brand tone, messaging, and visuals.
- Leading content execution by coordinating content roadmap, calendar, deliverables, priorities, and timelines with stakeholders, web developers and designers.
- Conducting content audits, identifying gaps, running A/B tests, and optimizing content to improve the customer journey, thereby increasing conversion and engagement metrics.
- Collaborating with other team members to monitor and improve SEO performance using keyword research, technical infrastructure improvements, and more.
- Staying up-to-date with industry best practices, regulatory requirements, competitor messaging, and customer challenges.
- Managing the contractors (writers, designers, content creators, analytics consultants, etc) necessary to complete projects.
This role is remote but is based in the US time zones. Both written and spoken English language fluency is a requirement. Please provide a portfolio of developer-focused content work.
A little bit about you
You are a self-starter who finds great fulfillment in getting things done—whether it’s launching a new landing page, creating an effective piece of content, or developing a new operational process—and seeing the impact of your work. You are not intimidated by a fast-moving and multi-tasking environment, but rather revel in the opportunity to move quickly with autonomy. You believe that working as a team can improve your own output, and you are awesome but humble and folks look forward to working with you. You’re primarily a writer and content creator for technical audiences, and have worked collaboratively with stakeholders, developers and designers.
You also have:
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, with a strong track record for developer-focused marketing.
- The ability to strategize, concept, create, and scale projects with lots of autonomy.
- An analytical mind with enthusiasm for problem-solving and measuring effectiveness.
- Expert-level organizational, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with a high attention to detail.
- The ability to use data and industry insights to make informed marketing decisions.
- Experience in SEO, keyword research, and optimization.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing to Timescale's Applicant Privacy Notice.