Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Systems Associate to join our Compliance Technology team. The person will assess performance of various Compliance vendor systems, identify system enhancements, work in collaboration with the internal product and engineering teams and manage overall vendor relationships. The ideal candidate should have a technical background and familiarity with regulatory Compliance systems pertaining to Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Screening (sanctions, politically exposed people, negative news) transaction surveillance, blockchain analytics and market surveillance.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of Compliance vendor systems
- Build metrics & SLAs for ongoing performance monitoring of vendor systems; where ongoing monitoring uncovers changes to data inputs or declining efficiency, develop test plans to help identify actionable systems improvements
- Perform regular vendor product testing and report gaps and enhancements
- Ensure vendor systems adhere to expected governance processes
- Work with the internal and vendor teams to remediate gaps and pursue enhancements
- Develop subject matter expertise pertaining to Compliance Systems
- Ensure vendor performance is aligned to contract terms and invoicing
- Perform periodic testing of sample data to validate effectiveness of vendor systems
- Assist Compliance in the build vs buy analysis
- Develop and maintain business continuity plans for critical Compliance systems
- Track system enhancements and prioritize with the internal and vendor teams to execute action plans
- Represent Compliance Systems in new vendor conversations and act as point of contact for vendor demos, contracts, feasibility study and budgeting
Skills you should HODL
- Working knowledge of key Compliance systems pertaining to Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Screening (sanctions, politically exposed people, negative news) transaction surveillance, blockchain analytics and market surveillance
- 4+ experience in regulatory Compliance, systems development & product management
- Prior experience in vendor performance reviews and vendor management
- Awareness and understanding of AML/CFT regulations
- Ability to thrive in an environment of ‘freedom with responsibility’
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across functions
- Experience with SQL and similar tools to perform data analysis
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job