Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
WeSchool is the leading Italian EdTech Company. We are on a mission to ensure learning never stops, our goal is to empower educators and students and encourage them to innovate learning by making it more inclusive, collaborative and engaging.
We provide a collaborative e-learning platform, developed in-house by our Tech team, that has enabled 1.7M (20% of) Italian students not to miss school during the outbreak of the pandemic and to amplify their learning experience by leveraging digital tools.
We are a young and fast-paced team that values collaboration and innovation as keys to reach our mission. Our company is home to almost 70 full-time employees, and we plan to keep growing in 2023 to push on our international expansion with a remote-first, objective-based approach.
As we are expanding our Engineering Team, we are looking for a passionate Senior Backend Developer who is excited about shaping the future of Education. WeSchool is creating an area that is capable of handling the technical needs of the entire company, both for the web platform and the mobile app. Together with the Product Team, our goal is to make the user experience increasingly user-centered and frictionless.
Some of the technology challenges we face at WeSchool are related to:
- Real-time collaboration
- Big data analytics and AI-based features
We expect you to be:
- Expert in designing scalable and maintainable interfaces that achieve high performance
- Expert in the technologies we have used to develop our platform
- Capable of co-creating improvements with all team members and with the product area
- Able to communicate effectively with all team members
- Curious and passionate about software development
- 5+ years of work experience as a software developer
- Excellent knowledge of PHP, with frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel and API REST development
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles and MVC development patterns
- Good knowledge and experience with both relational and non-relational documental and key/value databases
- Experience and passion for testing
- Fluent English
- Experience with free/open-source projects
- Knowledge of another object-oriented or functional programming language
- Good knowledge of Domain Driven Design
- Experience in developing microservices
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with message brokers
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Full-remote (with availability to be in the office for the onboarding process and when needed during the collaboration)
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, we support you with a yearly personal development budget A diverse, inclusive, and multicultural working environment
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.