Fully Worldwide Remote Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading software security team, and help protect the open source community and Ubuntu users from emerging threats. Canonical is building a team to provide security coverage across a wide range of different ecosystems and environments, and work to make the world a better, safer place.
As part of the Ubuntu team, you will work with the best and brightest people in technology to monitor, triage, respond to and document new and existing vulnerabilities in open source software. The role will involve collaboration with internal teams and external partners, to identify and prioritize issues and track progress.
The role can also include a number of other activities, including security assessment and code review, internal tooling developments, community engagement, security hardening and feature development and industry collaboration participation.
This job involves international travel several times a year, usually for one week and requires the ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation.What you’ll do
- Analyze, fix, and test vulnerabilities in Ubuntu packages
- Keep track of vulnerabilities in Ubuntu releases as they are discovered, researched and fixed (using internal software tools)
- Collaborate with other teams in the Ubuntu community and with upstream developers where appropriate, to exchange or develop vulnerability patches and make sure that Ubuntu includes the very best security features
- Audit source code for vulnerabilities
- You have a thorough understanding of the common categories of security vulnerabilities and techniques for fixing them
- You are familiar with coordinated disclosure practices
- You are familiar with open source development tools and methodologies
- You are skilled in one or more of C, Python, go, Rust, Java, Ruby or PHP
- You have excellent logic, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- You can clearly and effectively communicate with the team and Ubuntu community members
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Requisition ID: 623
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.