Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTEWho we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate code AI for writing, fixing, and maintaining code, as well as our Code Search product, helping devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and growing the population of coders by giving anybody access to the deep knowledge base of a senior engineer through Cody and all of the context it brings. We’re preparing for a world with a lot more code than exists today, and that benefits us all.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
🌎 Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a particular time-zone preference for this role. However, you may need to be available for non-recurring urgent meetings outside of working hours.Why this job is exciting
Cody is the best AI coding assistant today, and you'll get to help build it and get it in the hands of millions of devs. Our code intelligence, married with modern AI, is already providing a remarkable alpha experience, and you can help us unlock its full potential.
Our rapid development pace means that building and releasing our products to the market is a unique challenge, from overseeing the release of all components supporting Cody as well as Cody itself, building the tools to provide a self-service experience to all teammates, to taking part in building a quality infrastructure to monitor Cody quality.
We are looking for a Senior Release Engineer to join the Developer Infrastructure team to take our release process to the next level, turning it into a seamless process for everyone, maximizing the ownership of individual teams with a platform based approach.
By joining our team, you will directly impact how Cody and our Code Intelligence platform is released to the world and be at the crossroads of all Sourcegraph teams by building mission critical tools to support our mission. If you’re passionate about enhancing developers’ productivity and are excited to be a part of a dynamic team pushing the boundaries of technology, then this role is for you.
📅 Within one month, you will…
- Begin building relationships with cross-functional teams, including the Cody development team and other stakeholders.
- Dive into the codebase of Cody and Code Intelligence platform, gaining a deep understanding of the existing code, architecture, and dependencies.
📅 Within three months, you will…
- Implement improvements that result in a measurable reduction in the time it takes to release new versions of Cody and the Code Intelligence platform while higher-level insights on architecture, scalability, and customer focus.
- Establish strong working relationships with Security teams, ensuring that the release process incorporates necessary security measures.
- Actively participate in code reviews and discussions to contribute higher-level insights on architecture, scalability, and customer focus.
📅 Within six months, you will…
- Contribute to the development of a robust and scalable infrastructure for monitoring Cody's quality, performance, and user experience.
- Implement proactive alerting and monitoring systems to detect issues before they impact customers.
📅 Within one year, you will…
- Successfully evolve the release process into a mature platform, enabling teams across Sourcegraph to manage their releases independently.
- Proactively propose additions and changes to the team's roadmap, aligning it with the broader goals of Sourcegraph.
You are a polyglot hacker in the dev-ops space, and you're passionate about tools, developer-experience, and infrastructure, with a solid experience of the challenges faced by other developers. Your strong sense of empathy helps you to understand your peers' challenges and you sharply understand how to balance solving current and future problems, carving a path to implement your vision.
First, you have a deep understanding of the software lifecycle, having experienced it yourself by working on the product side, and a strong familiarity with all the tools supporting it; e.g.:
- You’ve worked with Bazel or other build systems to support polyglot codebases.
- You've set up delivery pipelines of various shapes and various constraints.
- You're naturally putting yourself in the shoes of other developers and constantly seek to understand their perspective.
- You’re a great communicator and collaborator. You’re able to work effectively across teams to solve complex problems with multiple stakeholders.
- You're proficient at writing Go code, but you're a polyglot at your core.
- You have a deep knowledge of Kubernetes, including working with and developing applications using the operator pattern.
- Bonus: You have experience with database complex database schema migrations and Postgres internals.
It doesn't matter if you're not an expert on all points, what really counts is that you understand the complexities of releasing software, and thrive to make it a seamless experience for both our customers and our teammates. Ultimately, you can jump at any point in the delivery pipeline and understand how to fix issues.Level
📊 This job is an IC3. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.Compensation
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $164,570 USD.
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.Interview process
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
We expect the interview process to take 4 hours in total.
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30m] Recruiter Screen with Grace Bohl
- [30m] Peer Interview / Technical Interview with Jacob Pleiness
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [15m] Hiring Manager Screen with Nelson Araujo
- [60m] Resume Deep Dive with Grace Bohl
- [60m] Technical Interview: Pairing Exercise with Michael Lin and Dax McDonald
- [45m] Cross-functional Team Interview with Ryan Phillips
🎉 Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you meet cross-functional partners and gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30m] Values Interview
- [30m] Leadership Interview with co-founder
We check references and conduct your background check
Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.