Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Sora Union is a globally distributed professional services company that today works with companies and organizations to provide design, localization and QA services. Our clients choose us because we bring resilience, speed, and true global sensibility. Our people, many of whom are displaced or at risk of displacement (due to conflict or climate change), choose Sora Union because they can take their career with them, undisturbed, if they have to, or choose to, move. Unlike the gig platforms, we provide revenue stability, meaningful work, and career development.
As a QA Manager for Sora Union, you’ll be responsible for managing our QA efforts across multiple client platforms and development teams. This includes helping define QA strategy, representing Sora Union in client pitches, implementing scalable processes and procedures, and building a shared team of QA engineers. Hands-on testing is part of the role, at least until we have a fully staffed QA capability.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that our clients deliver at high quality, release after release
- Building and managing a team of QA engineers and testers who are both embedded with our client teams and performing project QA work
- Partnering with the leadership team to help pitch QA services to clients
- Designing and implementing QA processes that balance speed and thoroughness to ensure high-quality releases at a rapid pace
- Working closely with client design, product management, and engineering teams to understand product requirements
You must have:
- Experience in building, managing, and scaling a QA team
- Client facing experience
- Experience in managing QA across multiple platforms and tech stacks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude to convey clear thoughts and ideas
- A willingness to continue to perform hands-on testing as part of your role
- Ability to work with clients and lead teams in both asynchronous and synchronous environments
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in building and managing a QA organization within a startup environment from scratch, then scaling that organization as the company grows quickly.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and change, learning new systems, and finding creative solutions
- Proven success leading a team in a fully distributed work environment
The QA Manager role is a full-time, 6 month contract position initially reporting to a Sora Union Co-Founder, with a direct working relationship with the engineering leader at the client the team is embedded with. This role is a distributed position, and can be based in any location.
Sora Union operates independently in association with All Turtles. We work with a variety of partners and clients, some inside the All Turtles product studio as well as external companies. We expect to convert this role to full-time employment on the Sora Union team at the end of the initial 6 month contracting term.
Sora Union is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.