Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based between UTC-5 and UTC+1 time zones.
The Product Manager will be responsible for some of the products offered by the Kraken OTC Trading Desk. The ideal candidate has financial trading knowledge (preferably within both traditional and cryptocurrency markets) and experience working with institutional clients. Additionally they must be data-driven, process oriented, technically adept and have a proven track record of achievement.
Responsibilities include product and market expertise, the creation of detailed product requirements, project schedules and supporting materials in partnership with design, content, technology and service teams. The product manager provides day-to-day cross-functional leadership to ensure the timely delivery of projects which meet established feature, usability, content and quality requirements.
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance client needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Contribute to the development of the overall product strategy, roadmap, and business plan
- Work effectively in cross-functional environment with multiple team leads to resource projects and deliver OTC Desk needs
- Work closely with OTC Trading, Operations and Product to define detailed product and business requirements
- Perform research and competitive analysis to gain market insights across the industry
- Perform extensive User Acceptance Testing ensure products are built to requirements
- Manage engagement with internal and external parties
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Actively prioritize product backlog , pre-planning, prioritization and user story mapping sessions
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, site-maps, and process flows
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
Skills you should HODL
- Expert knowledge of cryptocurrency trading, lending, and complex automated platforms
- Intimate knowledge of trading ecosystem participants, their different incentives and constraints, including institutions and high net worth individuals
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Strong quantitative and analysis skills, including SQL and a language like Python
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter with first-principles thinking
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with obsessive attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices, including ticket management in tools like JIRA
- Prior experience in crypto, trading, banking or asset management
Nice to Haves
- Experience in both traditional finance and the digital asset space
- Understanding of custody, credit, and settlement mechanisms and networks
- Understanding of options and non-linear risk
- Understanding of both exchange
- Familiarity with REST, Websockets and FIX protocols
- Experience working in a regulated environment and collaborating with legal and compliance
- Understanding of margin trading, futures, FX, options, backend systems and flow-of-funds
- Background in computer science, software engineering or applied mathematics
Location Tagging: #EU #US #CANADA #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job