Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Our global Compliance team is redefining how compliance should be done - we challenge the norms and practices of the incumbent industry participants to identify ways to make Compliance at Kraken a competitive advantage. Our teams navigate the regulatory uncertainty and changing policy positions of global regulators and governments to help chart a path that ensures Kraken is successful in a truly dynamic industry.
You will join a growing team of privacy experts and advocates to drive forward the data privacy strategy and operations for onboarding and managing third parties in accordance with global privacy laws. You will engage with the Global Data Privacy Officer and key internal partners in the evaluation, reporting, and remediation of privacy incidents. The successful candidate will have strong cross-functional communications skills and practical experience both in data privacy and contract management. Although your primary focus will be Europe and North America, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with Privacy Managers and Legal Counsels across multiple jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated. You are good at spotting trends and seeing the big picture while successfully handling individual tasks. You are committed to the values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation.
The role reports to Kraken’s Global Data Privacy Officer.
- Devise and implement strategy for improved corporate privacy governance and third party compliance with a particular focus on privacy-by-design requirements and cross-border transfers of personal data
- Mitigate data privacy risks throughout contractual and product life cycles using privacy reviews, due diligence questionnaires, and transfer impact assessments
- Guide the negotiation of data protection provisions and addendums with third parties
- Evolve and maintain intra-group data processing agreements
- Assist with escalations of data subjects rights requests
- Contribute to the development of Kraken’s Privacy Program, strategic privacy initiatives and key compliance remediation projects
- Deliver ongoing guidance and training to key business partners and help foster a strong Privacy and Security culture
Skills you should HODL
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a global data privacy function, preferably at a major multinational business or law firm
- Demonstrated command of data privacy, security and related US and EU laws and regulations with a curiosity for learning about new technologies
- Contract drafting, reviewing and negotiating experience
- Experience with corporate governance
- Knowledge of and experience in monitoring privacy trends and developments and translating those into actionable guidance and requirements
- Excellent problem-solving and follow-through skills, practicality, a focus on business and privacy outcomes
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface, and develop strong relationships, with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and pragmatism with the ability to consistently apply good judgment and prioritize
- Comfortable to work remotely, you thrive amidst uncertainty and ambiguity
Nice to have
- JD or equivalent law degree (based on geography). Current practicing certificate is a plus
- CIPP/CIPM/CIPT or comparable privacy or security certifications
#US #EU #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job