We are always looking for passionate and talented software developers to join our geographically-distributed engineering team. If you do not think your profile can fit any of the other targeted job openings on our web site, as we are eager to learn more about you, just apply to this one and we will definitely look into your application.
- Discussing technology with clients and represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Analysing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora's continuing technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Track record of experience in software development is essential
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online distributed environment
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora's market verticals is preferable
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
- Demonstrable contributions to components in open source projects
- Preferable experience with direct development on one (or more) of WebKit, Blink, GStreamer, FFMPEG, libav, X11, wayland/weston, Jenkins, OBS, lava, Linux kernel/device drivers, distribution integration, porting
- Self learning skills to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora's services, business model, project delivery life cycle and other related technical domains
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.
Apply for this job