Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Matter is a small but growing startup. Our first product is an iOS app that pairs personal experience with universal neuroscience to help everyone understand what’s happening in their brain.
Our goal is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives — for themselves and the people around them.
Learn more about the science behind Matter.
We’re a small, fully-remote team committed to doing our best work. For us this means balance. We work Monday through Thursday. In addition to every Friday, we offer 20 vacation days per year, plus the last week of December. Compensation includes stock options. The salary range for this full-time role is $120,000 to $160,000.
Learn more about working at Matter.
You’ll be working with Chief Designer Jon Tan and a small team of designers. We try to balance the freedom to explore ideas, focused design time, and creative support.
Our first product is in the early stages of design and development, so you’ll play a critical role in helping to shape it. Here are some of the other things you’ll be up to along the way:
- Apply human-centered design principles to craft durable, inclusive, and engaging user experiences
- Produce prototypes, low- and hi-fidelity sketches, comps, and interfaces
- Support the creation of a design system, and apply it across multiple platforms
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, engineers, and writers in a relaxed team structure
Ideally, you’re an experienced mobile product designer — used to taking a product from inception to launch — who recognizes the value in having the autonomy and time to do great work.
College degrees, certifications, and prestigious accolades are not required. General life experience, expertise in your area, curiosity, and generosity with skills and knowledge are more important.
We’d love to hear about your experience:
- Designing native mobile apps, in particular for iOS, from scratch
- Communicating the thinking behind interfaces and experiences you’ve designed
- Using sound, haptics, and animation to further user experience goals
- Effectively applying iconography, typography, and color theory
Doing meaningful work shouldn’t come at the expense of building a meaningful life. At Matter, this means:
- Four-day work week: Monday through Thursday
- 20 vacation days of your choice, plus the last week in December off
- Remote-first work environment: work out of our Boulder, CO office, or wherever else
- Flexible hours, so long as you can accommodate meetings during ET working hours
- 100% of premium healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
Even though we’re all pretty experienced, we all learn something new almost every day. It may be about neuroscience, design, or technology. Or it may be about something else entirely. We’ll be excited to learn from you, too.
If you’re interested in this role, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A paragraph or two about your experience and why you’re interested in this role
- Link(s) to an app or two that you’ve worked on, with a couple sentences about your contributions
- A link to your portfolio or other representation of your work
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you or your work
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Tagged as: Senior-level
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.