Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
About the Role:
The Procurement department within Finance is looking for a Manager, Vendor Management Office (VMO) who will be responsible for participating in the development of a Vendor Management Office that will centralize vendor risk processes associated with vendor intake, vendor segmentation, evaluation, and compliance. This role will help oversee the Vendor Management Policy and Program, and will help facilitate the enabling of the broader Vendor Management team members with tools and resources to standardize the processes for onboarding new vendors, managing existing vendors, monitoring performance and mitigating risk through various metrics. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and contribute to the building of the new global financial system.
This role is 100% remote.
What You'll Do:
- Help design and roll-out a vendor lifecycle management framework to oversee planning and risk assessment, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding
- Establish strong relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Assist in all audits related to supplier management
- Identify operational deficiencies and escalate them to the appropriate resource before they become problematic
- Identify risks associated with key vendors and manage / monitor supplier performance against negotiated SLA and MSA terms
- Help support the develop of monthly reporting, facilitating Quarterly Business Reviews with key suppliers, and develop Annual Supplier Portfolio Summary report
- Proactively collaborate with business partners, strategic sourcing and vendor risk stakeholders to operationalize the Vendor Management program, resolve supplier performance issues, and timely resolution
- Review existing contracts and understand business requirements; formulate guidelines and design standard vendor contract protocols
- Deliver relevant training content to business stakeholders to ensure a consistent vendor relationship management framework
- Supporting other ad hoc projects as needed
Skills You Should HODL:
- 5+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement or vendor management experience; in a high growth technology environment preferred
- Experience working with contracts including understanding of Data Protection Agreements, Master Services Agreements, and execution of Statements of Work and Order Forms
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in Procurement, Business Administration or related field. MBA/advanced technical degree preferred
- Must be comfortable in a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ environment
- Strong relationship building, communication and project management to demonstrate project status, key actions, risks and opportunities
- Self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-orientated and fast paced environment
- Nimble with ability to take decisive action to address business needs that meet corporate business objectives
- Ability to navigate through a global framework, handle conflicting priorities and goals
- Experience in fintech, banking industry and/or financial markets is preferred
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and knowledge of blockchain technology is preferred
- Working knowledge of vendor management platforms and tools
Location Tagging : #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job