We are looking for a seasoned Level 3/4 Technical Support Specialist with over 15 years of experience to provide advanced technical support for various Linux distributions, including CentOS, and other popular distros. This role demands extensive knowledge of Linux environments, particularly CentOS Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS) for versions 6, 7, and 8, across x86, x64, and ARM architectures. The ideal candidate must be adept in managing high and critical CVEs and comfortable in English language conference calls. This role will require some 24x7 “on call” support and weekends.
As our L3 Technical Support Engineer you will:
- Offer expert-level technical support for CentOS and other Linux distributions, addressing complex issues across diverse versions and architectures.
- Lead the installation and configuration of Linux environments, ensuring optimal setup for various distributions.
- Evaluate alternative solutions for EOL Linux distributions, guiding clients towards the most suitable replacements.
- Manage release planning and testing for multiple Linux distributions, including CentOS.
- Provide scalability guidance for Linux-based systems, ensuring efficient growth and adaptation to increased demands.
- Implement upgrades and patches across various Linux distributions, maintaining system security and up-to-date functionality.
- Conduct CVE impact assessments for Linux environments, recommending appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Perform risk assessments for system migrations, focusing on potential challenges and solutions.
- Assist in integration and performance optimization for a range of Linux distributions.
- Guide clients on containerization strategies and Linux-specific best practices.
- Handle feature and functionality queries for Linux systems, clarifying capabilities and potential configurations.
To be successful you should have;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in technical support or system architecture, with a strong focus on Linux systems, including Fedora and Debian-based distributions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Linux environments and architectures (x86, x64, ARM).
- Experience in managing high and critical CVEs within Linux systems.
- Some experience in backporting patches and updates for Linux distributions.
- Experience working with package manager and repositories
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and technical skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, proficient in English for conference calls and emails/documentation; native or fluent level.
- Open source software experience a plus
- Should be able to work some 24x7 “on call” support and weekends.
What's in it for you?
- A focus on professional development;
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Flexible working hours
- Paid one month vacation per year and unlimited sick leave
- Medical insurance reimbursement
- Co-working and gym/sports reimbursement
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent