Top 3 Reasons To Join Us
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote
- Working on the latest tech for the Insurtech Market Leader
At CoverGo, our mission is to empower all insurance companies to make insurance 100% digital and accessible to everyone.
- We are a leading global no-code insurance platform for health, life, and P&C
- We’re the winner of the Insurtech of the Year in all of Asia and other awards globally
- We work with insurance enterprise clients such as AXA, Bupa, MSIG, Dai-ichi, Bank of China Group Insurance, and many more
- We're an international, diverse team of over 120 people with 30 nationalities and team members working remotely from all over the world
- We are fully funded and backed by reputable VC funds and strategic institutional investors
- We have a global presence in Asia, EMEA and the Americas
- We’ve grown our annualized revenue by over 30x since January 2021
- We’re constantly working towards making CoverGo a workplace that you love coming to. We deeply believe that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, expressions, and perspectives is key to building the best culture for equally diverse communities all over the world
About the Role
As the Lead Full Stack Engineer at CoverGo, you will take on a pivotal role in guiding the design, implementation, and maintenance of our innovative insurance enterprise software solutions. You will be responsible for providing direction to the team, working on both the front-end and back-end technologies, and ensuring scalable and efficient software solutions. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand end-user requirements, optimize application performance, and enforce coding best practices. Your role will encompass mentoring junior developers, driving innovation, and ensuring the continuous growth and success of our platform.
What You Will Do
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of our insurance enterprise software solutions, providing technical direction to the team.
- Demonstrate expertise in both front-end and back-end technologies, offering guidance on technology selection, architecture, and best practices.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering teams to understand requirements and technical concepts, ensuring cohesive and effective solutions with a seamless user experience.
- Optimize platform performance to handle large datasets and high user traffic, ensuring a smooth and responsive user experience.
- Conduct and lead code reviews, enforce best coding practices, and drive the adoption of standards to maintain high code quality.
- Investigate and promptly address bugs to uphold platform reliability.
- Ensure security and compliance by following best practices for securing web applications and adhering to relevant regulations.
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies, frameworks, and best practices, guiding the team in remaining competitive and innovative.
- Design the platform with scalability and flexibility, accommodating evolving features and changes as the user base grows.
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to junior developers, fostering their growth and contribution to the team's objectives.
What We Need
- Proven experience of 8+ years as a Full Stack Engineer, with a track record of leading complex SaaS applications.
- Strong technical background with proficiency in front-end and back-end technologies, such as Java, Kotlin, Spring, Hibernate, Vue/React, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Strong background in RESTful API design patterns with specifications in OpenAPI and Swagger. Familiarity with API Gateways provided by cloud platforms and others, such as Spring Cloud Gateway.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud for building scalable applications
- Minimum of 2 years in a senior or management role, with the ability to guide and inspire development teams
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) to ensure robust and well-tested code
- Experience with unit, integration and function testing using front-end and back-end testing libraries
- In-depth knowledge of web security best practices and experience in ensuring compliance with industry regulations
- Demonstrated experience in performance optimization for high-traffic web applications
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and a very good understanding of cloud infrastructure and solutions.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to troubleshooting and bug-fixing
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical team members with diverse backgrounds
- A passion for staying updated with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in software development
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Fully Remote
- Flexible Leave
- International Environment
- Competitive renumeration package
- Performance Bonus
- Stock Options after 6 months
- Company activities and events
- Learning and development plan
CoverGo Company Video
By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read, understood, and accepted the content of CoverGo’s Privacy Notice and you consent to the processing of your data as part of this application.