Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Supabase is an Open Source and fully remote company building developer tools for databases.
We are currently looking for a Head of Data Engineering who enjoys both leading a team and shipping IC work. As the grease between the wheels, you will play a crucial role in building all aspects related to data engineering and data analytics at Supabase.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the data engineering and analytics team, partnering across all areas of Supabase. Accountable for team performance and development, ensuring high performance.
- Craft the data infrastructure and operations that makes Supabase the market leader in PLG efficiency
- Improve our current processes and implement efficient data engineering and analytics processes, optimizing data collection, storage, and analysis.
- Architect and maintain a robust data infrastructure to support our data-driven decision-making
- Take ownership of all our reporting and analytics across our data pipeline. You’ll be specifically focused on our core areas:
- product and platform analytics
- billing and financial reporting
- maketing analytics
- Work closely product owners and cross functional teams to translate the data into actionable strategies to maximise the impact of their product to our end users
- Ensure all teams have the data necessary to execute on Supabase PLG strategy.
- Create and deliver data visualizations that give the leadership team, the company, and our customers insights to Supabase as a company, the platform and users end projects.
- Some areas our team need to dig into
- product analytics
- investor metrics
- billing metrics
- sales, marketing and support metrics
- internal operational metrics
- cost metrics
- user segmentation, activation, and onboarding
What you'll bring:
- Experience managing, supporting, hiring, and growing a data team
- Ideally experience of developer tooling and product led growth
- Enjoy both IC and leadership work and are comfortable continually jumping between these.
- Experience working in a similar sized start up in a period of high growth.
- Collaborate effectively with leadership, product engineering, and go-to-market teams
- Ideally you are based in APAC/EU timezone
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
About the team
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.