Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
ConvertKit is a powerful marketing platform built for creators, by creators. We help creators grow and monetize their audience with ease. For coaches, YouTubers, authors, podcasters, and other creatives, there isn’t a better marketing hub to rely on to grow audiences, automate email marketing, and sell digital products - all within one platform. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our creator marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
The ConvertKit culture is one where emotional intelligence is valued, radical candor is encouraged, and where everyone works together to uphold a set of shared team principles.
If you love helping organizations become more data-driven while teaching others how to use data – all in the name of earning and retaining more customers at every step of the customer lifecycle – then you’ll be a great fit for this role. As a Data & Analytics Manager, you'll guide our data team, which consists of a Senior Modern Data Stack Engineer, a Senior Analytics Engineer and two Data Analysts in serving data needs across the business. You’re not swayed by constraints, moving quickly, and navigating changing priorities. You have helped lead a data team through scaling data pipelines, dimensional modeling and transformation layers, assisting on the attribution and growth analytics, and ultimately setting a nimble company up to obtain insights and scale. It’ll involve creating partnerships across the org and helping level up both data integrity and insights. You’ll report to the VP of Operations.
You are an experienced data & analytics manager with a variety of skills and abilities allowing you to empower and coach your team to successful outcomes and impact in their role. You feel comfortable owning data platforms (Segment + Redshift+ Census) and ensuring data is readily available for consumption across the company. You are the resident expert on the entire customer journey, the shepherd of the organization's data maturity, and the in-house instructor on data-informed decision making. You are known for being a delightful collaborator to your peers and a reliable contributor across a multitude of business objectives.
Your responsibilities and successes look like:
- Establishing strategic priorities for the data team in collaboration with the VP of Operations
- Taking a servant leadership approach to managing the data team for performance and coaching for potential. The expectation is that this is a 50/50 split management and contributor role
- Ensure we get the maximum value from our data tooling and infrastructure (we use a variety of services within the modern data stack ecosystem)
- Encouraging, educating and supporting the entire ConvertKit team to make data-informed decisions, tell stories with data, and better understand our customers through data
- Data contract negotiations, long-term planning, and delivering on short-term needs of the business.
- Supporting the ongoing analysis of business performance required to inform product development, marketing, and customer experience decisions on a day-to-day basis
- Uncovering insights about the business - and our customers - that are not obvious from intuition or surface-level observation
- Driving alignment across the business for data priorities and deliverables
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission, vision, and values
- Hands-on Analyst Experience: In data analysis, with exposure to both front-end and back-end work to effectively assess the return on effort within the team's tasks.
- A proven ability to shape goals, manage projects & priorities (and make tough tradeoffs), and deliver on commitments, communicating with your stakeholders every step of the way
- Prior experience leading a full stack data team (including data eng, analytics eng, and analytics) unlocking team members potential and leading to achieve shared goals
- Familiarity with SaaS KPIs, recurring revenue metrics, and ideally ad revenue business (newer line of business at ConvertKit)
- Advanced-level command of SQL and experience using visualization tools (e.g. QuickSight, Amplitude, Tableau) on large data sets to extract trends and insights
- Experience with data-centric languages (R/Python) preferred
- Hands-on experience conducting customer segmentation, cohort analysis, and product funnel analysis preferred
- A passion for the iterative process required to find new business opportunities through data
- Strong communication skills in the form of storytelling, negotiating, writing, presenting, and teaching
- A commitment to practicing radical candor - the practice of delivering direct feedback from a place of personal care
- A genuine desire to build meaningful relationships within the ConvertKit team, including the ability to lean into constructive conflict that results in great ideas and positive outcomes
- Comfort working in a remote-first environment
- Familiarity with our Current Data Stack (listed below):
- VWO & Wordpress (marketing)
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at a level M3 ($175,000 USD) or M4 ($198,500 USD). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Sharing - Learn about profit sharing and compensation at ConvertKit
- Twenty (20) days of paid time off during each year of employment
- Paid paid vacation: An after-tax bonus of $1,000 for taking five consecutive days of vacation where you’re fully unplugged from work
- Ten paid holidays a year
- Monthly medical benefits up to $1,750 a month toward premiums. Dental and vision premiums covered 100%
- Two weeks of paid sick time each year, including mental health + well being days
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Childcare benefit up to $3,000 annually
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- Gender affirming benefits
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $3,000 budget every following two years
- Individual learning + development budget ($3,500/year)
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- Fantastic in-person or virtual retreats with the team twice a year
The Hiring Process
We know that most people hate interviewing (we relate!). We aim to make it as good of an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
- 30 min - Recruiter screen
- Technical Homework Assignment
- 60 min - Technical Interview to discuss HW & management style
- 60 min - Culture Contribution Chat
- 30 min - Chat with interim leader/senior analytics engineer
- 30 min - Final chat with VP of Operations
To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms, and we hire the best person we can for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. If you think you meet more than 50% of our requirements but fewer than 100% of them, please apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.