Join our global, fully remote, and asynchronous team as a Full Stack WordPress Developer, leading the development of our WordPress plugin projects.
This role demands an individual who can craft quality code for our plugins while keeping in mind the needs of the business, striking a balance between the two.
In this role, you won’t just be coding; you’d be engineering quality digital products that are made to outlast and outshine the competition.
You will collaborate closely with our leadership and marketing team, defining the scope of each project and laying the foundations for features that will redefine their user experience.
How We Work
As a 100% remote and asynchronous team, self-discipline is a very important factor when working within the RebelCode team. Everyone pulls their own weight and we do our utmost to get the best out of each other.
We strive for excellence in everything we do, so there’s no room for average work or half-hearted efforts. Even as we work on MVPs for new features or products, we strive to deliver the best possible results within the time-frames and limitations that we set for ourselves.
The tools we use day-to-day include:
- Twist for communication
- Notion for our company wiki
- Notion for issue tracking
- Help Scout for customer support
- Digital Ocean, Servebolt, WP Engine, and Kinsta for hosting of websites and services
Who You Are
You own your tasks, from the inkling of an idea to its full-fledged execution.
With fluency in English, both written and spoken, you ensure no idea remains unheard, no innovation unnoticed. For you, every message has meaning and you do your best to get it across.
Your constant curiosity propels you to constantly evolve, learn, and challenge the status quo, expanding your skillset every step of the way.
Working within a team, providing feedback, and collaborating across borders and time zones is second nature to you.
Note: You must have a strong internet connection and a good quality microphone and webcam, both for the interview phase as well as during working hours.
As a Full Stack Developer at RebelCode, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining RebelCode’s WordPress plugins (PHP, TypeScript, React)
- Transforming Figma designs into working UIs
- Participating in code discussions and reviews
- Collaborating using task management and issue tracking tools
- Attending weekly debriefing meetings
- Working with customer support to resolve customer issues
The ideal candidate possesses the following skillset and tools:
- Excellent understanding of PHP
- Good working knowledge of TypeScript
- Good working knowledge of CSS and/or some of its derivatives
- Good working knowledge of WordPress plugin development
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- A strong portfolio of past work
- Very good English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient when necessary
Note: Experience in WordPress plugin development is a must. If you only have experience building WordPress websites for clients, please do not apply.
Although not a must, the following skills would also be appreciated for this role:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Apache and Nginx
- Good understanding of WebPack and Vite
- Experience with Figma
- Exposure to Linux, BSD, or other Unix-like operating systems
Remuneration & Perks
The selected candidate will receive the following:
- $42,000 to $50,000 annual remuneration
- 4 weeks of paid leave annually
- The freedom to work remotely, ideally based within the EU or US
- A flexible work schedule with at least a 4-hour daily overlap with the rest of the team
- Continued learning supported by the company
- Attendance to conferences to expand our skills and connections
- Occasional company meet-ups and retreats to strengthen the team bond
When applying, it’s important that you:
- Showcase your experience in WordPress plugin development.
- Introduce us to who you are – your experiences, qualifications, and what makes you tick.
- Include links to your profiles that showcase your craft (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, etc) and other relevant professional links.
- Proofread more than once, because attention to detail is everything.
We’re excited to see the unique attributes you’ll bring to the RebelCode team.
Please fill in the application form here if you’re confident that you’d be a great fit for this role.
Once your application is reviewed, it may take a few days until you are contacted. The hiring process may last a few weeks as we continue to receive applications, so please be patient throughout the process.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/rebelcode-ltd-full-stack-wordpress-developer