Fully Worldwide Remote Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Headquarters: Carlsbad, CA (Remote)
Planning Center launched in 2006 and has grown to support over 70,000 churches around the world. We are independently owned with no outside investors, no debt, and no sales team.
Churches use our tools to communicate and connect with their congregations, organize information, and coordinate events. We’re obsessed with building great products that solve real problems, aligning us with our manta: We love our people, we love our products, and we love our churches.
About the work
We’re seeking a Full Stack Developer experienced in Ruby on Rails and React. You’ll work on building out new features from start to finish, refining existing features, improving performance, and ensuring the security of our customer’s data.
What a typical week might look like:
- Translating the product manager’s feature pitches into technical specifications
- Implementing those technical specifications as a series of small, descriptive, and well-tested GitHub pull requests
- Pairing with your designer and developer teammates
- Reviewing your teammates’ pull requests to increase the quality of what we build and learn from one another
- Deploying to production with one click
- Investigating customer-reported bugs that have been triaged and researched by our fantastic support team
- Diagnosing errors that come in through our error monitoring tools
- Improving performance guided by Datadog and AWS Performance Insights
- Participating in book and code clubs to learn with/from other developers
- Reside in the United States
- Eligible to work in the United States (we are currently unable to offer employment to those with H-1B visas)
- Be willing to travel four times each year to connect with the rest of the team (not during a pandemic)
- Experience in Ruby on Rails and React, with strong competency in at least one
Get paid: We pay in the top 10% of the New York City rates no matter where you live, contribute to your 401k, provide a charitable giving match of up to $2,000 a year, have a generous allowance for continued education, and offer a co-working stipend. The annual salary range for this position is $142,451 – $162,802.
Be healthy: Generous paid sick time and vacation time, $200 a month for physical fitness and mental health, 95% medical & 100% dental premium health coverage.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, July 16th. We aim to have a final decision made by no later than Monday, August 14th, with a new hire starting on Monday, August 28th.
Step two: Online coding assessment to get a rough understanding of your experience
Step three: Team interview over Zoom with a few developers
Step four: Technical interview over Zoom with a few developers
Step five: Offer extended (optional meeting with our Executive Team)
The teammates you’ll encounter along the way:
- The manager you’ll be reporting to
- One or more developers from the team you’ll be joining
- Developers from other teams within the company
- Members of our executive team
*Listen, we’ve read a lot of cover letters and have a pretty good sense of what ChatGPT and other AI software sound like. Please show us who you really are and avoid AI-generated cover letters.
We value rest at Planning Center. We don't work the majority of Fridays, and employees earn a four-week sabbatical every five years. Rested people enjoy work more. What about you? What do you do to rest? More specifically—what would you do with an entire month off work with full pay? (One or two paragraphs is all we're looking for.)
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet ~60% of the criteria, women and those in underrepresented groups tend only to apply when they check every box. If you’re unsure if your experience qualifies strong competency in React or Rails, we’d still love to hear from you and see if it’s a good fit!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/planning-center-full-stack-developer-3
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.